• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scans of high grade Fantastic Four # 18?

33 posts in this topic

Thanks for answering my request.That one definitely did the trick.That's a mighty solid 9.0.I've been looking to see a 9.0 copy come to auction for some time now.I bet that one would break $1500 with ease.I was kind of hoping one would turn up after the movie hype died down.That always seemed to be the time when sharp copies come out of the woodwork.I know it's hard to find a nice one without chipping.I remember seeing a 9.2 briefly on comiclink and then it was gone.The seller must have deleted it.I think the asking price was in the $3500 range.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

p.s. any Kirby Challengers in your run?

Jimbo; i've got most of them, but like the rest of my collection, the 10center's were purchased when i was too young to care about condition much.................. frown.gif

I'd be willing to bet even your low grades have nice pages.I've got a good buddy who still has his original collection and like you,the earliest ones are not in high grade.His books don't start to consistently hit the highgrades until around 1967.Original owner collections always fascinate me.My friend continued to collect back issues until about 5 years ago.He has a F.F. #18 that might make the 9 zone that he bought from Verzyl in the 70's for $50.He said he would sell it to me....someday.He has a bunch of sharp books.He's been selling off his bronze stuff,calling the books"the Edgewater Road Collection".His ebay seller ID is ditkofan.Some of the books have slight foxing.

I would like to thank you again for responding to my questions,as I always enjoy reading your posts.I'm going to try to save up a few coins in the hopes that I might be able to afford one or two of your books if you do decide to sell this spring.Thanks for the heads up.Again,thank you for your time,Merry Christmas,and GOD BLESS...

He's been selling off his bronze stuff,calling the books"the Edgewater Road Collection".His ebay seller ID is ditkofan.Some of the books have slight foxing.

I've seen his auctions. I was looking at the TODs he was auctioning from the collection.

Everybody has FF #24 in NM 9.4 lol

so just why is that, Bob?? was it an unusually high print run?? did the story suck so bad that no one read it a second time?? or was it that by mid 1964 collecting had really taken off??

Everybody has FF #24 in NM 9.4 lol

so just why is that, Bob?? was it an unusually high print run?? did the story suck so bad that no one read it a second time?? or was it that by mid 1964 collecting had really taken off??

I thought it was a warehouse find...seems to be unusually common in high grade. confused-smiley-013.gif

I don't believe I've ever seen a "favorite dealers" list that you are not on.You allowed

me to make time payments on a SWEET Tales of Suspense # 50 (9.0) that I still have and hope to never have to sell.GOD BLESS...