• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If I had $299,777.00...

35 posts in this topic

If I had an extra $299,777.00, plus an extra $10,000 for shipping, I might just be tempted to buy this!!! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If you had $299,777.00, plus an extra $10,000...you'd be lying in a gutter somewhere trying to figure out how to regain consciousness...and I'd be $309,777.00 richer. yeahok.gif

If I had an extra $299,777.00, plus an extra $10,000 for shipping, I might just be tempted to buy this!!! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Darn! The extra $18K in NJ sales tax puts this just out of reach for me! Although I live close enough that I could save the $10K in shipping....

27_laughing.gif

Larry

If I had $300K to drop on a collection, I'd head up to New Jersey and take a walk through their warehouse. There's Tremendous Upside Potential on this buy.

surely you jest!

I would tend to agree with FD here since the price per book only works out to $0.425 each. Not as good a deal as the Mile High 2 collection which Chuckles was able to pick up for around 15 cents per copy. After all, what's the price of a Modern book nowadays and I am sure you should be able to sell these for more than back issue Moderns.

Only problem is that it's going to take a lot of time and work on your part. It's probably a money loser if you are planning to charge out costs for your time, but this would probably be the case for any comic you sell. Since we are all collectors here, this is probably a good deal with a ton of potential upside as long as you are willing to put the money down first and be patient at selling like Chuckles.

Makes you wonder why in the world they'd ever list an auction like this. How many people out there really have the money for something like this, let alone right after Christmas? smile.gif

No one. But hey it's worth a shot.

It's the Reynold Jay philosophy of eBay auctioning. Throw it out there and who knows maybe someone will bite. confused-smiley-013.gif

Makes you wonder why in the world they'd ever list an auction like this. How many people out there really have the money for something like this, let alone right after Christmas? smile.gif

Well, for 35 cents they've gotten all of us talking about them...