• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Someone should buy this Action #24...

29 posts in this topic

How could $699 be the F- price? VG is $600 and FINE is $900. At $699, he's even shy of the VG/F price of $750. And that's assuming you hit the BIN. If you wait out the auction and end up the only bidder, you get it for $649.

Hey, it's no skin off my teeth, but if this book was within my collecting focus, I'd be all over it.

You'll notice someone did hit the buy it now but did not pay (see the sellers feedback left for others).

I collect war covers too, but am also interested in Actions under issue 40. However issue 24 has always been one of the least appealing covers to me for some reason.

However issue 24 has always been one of the least appealing covers to me for some reason.

I was thinking the same thing, Durden, & I think that accounts for at least part of why this copy hasn't found a buyer. If you think about the #21-26 run, for instance, #21, 22 & 25 all have more dynamic & eye-catching Superman poses, plus color schemes with healthy doses of red & blue which give the covers a lot of eye appeal. #23 & #26 are dark-covered books which also have nice eye appeal, plus #23 is the first Luthor. And in terms of composition, Supes is too small on the cover of #24 and the figures in the foreground are too big. It's all subjective of course, but if I were going to binge on an early Action, this probably isn't the one I'd choose. confused-smiley-013.gif

seems like a reasonable price on what looks like a nice 4.0, although I'd like more and larger scans before I laid out $650 (I'm one to talk though, I still can't get decent scans, though mine are large...). It'll probably sell once someone out there's bonus check clears and they have some extra loot.

I've never cracked a slab. Would the micro chamber paper be inserted right up to the spine?

The microchamber paper has a habit of kind of going to where it wants to go. I have seen it top, botom, left, right and all manner of iteration of same. There is no true dependency for where the microchamber will ultimately (if such a thing is possible) lay.

However issue 24 has always been one of the least appealing covers to me for some reason.

I was thinking the same thing, Durden, & I think that accounts for at least part of why this copy hasn't found a buyer. If you think about the #21-26 run, for instance, #21, 22 & 25 all have more dynamic & eye-catching Superman poses, plus color schemes with healthy doses of red & blue which give the covers a lot of eye appeal. #23 & #26 are dark-covered books which also have nice eye appeal, plus #23 is the first Luthor. And in terms of composition, Supes is too small on the cover of #24 and the figures in the foreground are too big. It's all subjective of course, but if I were going to binge on an early Action, this probably isn't the one I'd choose. confused-smiley-013.gif

Aren't there any Superman collectors out there who just want to fill up their Action run?

Aren't there any Superman collectors out there who just want to fill up their Action run?

thumbsup2.gif

That's actually one of my favorite covers. It seems to come around pretty often, though, and I'm working on my run from the top down. (Top being 10-20 for me...)