• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

After Three Months I Finally Negged Rustysstarwars

38 posts in this topic

Yeah...I went for a 7 AM walk in the sun and it was too crazy at that hour! frown.gif

Also, how come no friggin' mail box anywhere? confused.gif

On the specific subject of buyers leaving negs - when all reasonable discourse with a seller fails, of course...

Why don't more people leave negs for bad sellers? With re: to JLA's post, what's to "fear"? Who CARES if you have a few negs as a buyer? Do you really think a seller would refuse your cold hard cash because you've got less than 100% feedback?

As a seller, I can totally understand being afraid of getting negs - it directly impacts your bottom line, as fewer people will be inclined to bid on your auctions.

If you're both a buyer AND seller, create separate accounts, for crying out loud - no more excuses from buyers to the effect of "well, I would have negged him, but I also sell from this account, soooo..."

Buyers unite! Together we can rid the world of lousy sellers!

I am strictly a buyer and have had just one too many books mis-represented on a sell site. Most of the books I buy are not that expensive, although I have on several occasions negged someone over a $70 or an $80 book. They usually use the neg as an excuse not to do anything about it. Which is ok by me, I'd rather leave the negative than get my money back anyway.

There was one seller, who even though I negged him, wanted to look after the problem. I felt really bad as obviously I was wrong about him. I did what I could to repair the damage in my follow-ups. He certainly was a class act, and I said so.

And as can be expected, retaliatory negs naturally followed. That's why as a seller, you have to be more careful.

rusty just emailed me... he must've saved my email address. verbatim, the email is the following (with his typical blue font)

HA_HA_QUEER_YOU_SUCK_COC_K_LITTLE_BIOCH_HIDING_lol

i don't see it on my feedback profile... do you guys? not a pleasant email by any means.

btw. anyone know of spam lists? feel free.

Rustysstarwars@aol.com

Ya' musta' really got to him to get an email like that. That was funny. And I'm happy for ya'. I mean that's exactly what you want to hear when you neg someone after 90 days. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

thanks rickD. i followed the links exactly. this is what i wrote:

"The following email was sent to me by ebay member "rustysstarwars". He sent it via his Rustysstarwars@aol.com account directly to my xxx@yyy.net account. I was involved in a transaction with him back in January. He must have saved my email address since then.

HA_HA_QUEER_YOU_SUCK_COC_K_LITTLE_BIOCH_HIDING_lol

If you view his feedback about others profile, you will see that he has a history of using vulgarity and profanity. As a member of eBay, I do not believe I have to be subject to this type of harrassment. Thank you."

i don't know what, if anything will come of it. but i'll keep you guys posted.

i guess i also put myself out in the open to get some retaliatory bids (i've blocked his rusty account, but he may have others) if i sell anything. i think i'll put off selling for a bit and lie low.

What you'll also have to do is include the headers of the emails so that they can verify it was sent through their system. They can also view the IP address. Sorry I forgot about that

Spades: Here's what I think you can expect, if in fact this loser has used profanity in actual feedback for you or anyone else: that feedback will disappear.

By way of explaining my total lack of neg feedback (of which I'm actually somewhat ashamed, seeing as I advocate negging bad sellers regardless of the potential repercussions)...

I bid on some cheap Flash comics - bronze age copies - as a way of helping a friend who'd been negged previously by the seller in question. (This seller had negged my friend for posting a positive fb that read in part "fast delivery but overgraded.") After they arrived, sure enough they were overgraded. I didn't bother contacting the seller, since I knew he'd just give me the runaround. I posted negative feedback with the same statement my friend had left in his pos. The seller immediately retaliated, and used profanity in his neg fb. I contacted eBay and respectfully explained that while I had no problem with the neg, I didn't feel the seller should be using profanity. eBay quickly removed the whole neg from my feedback, but left the neg I'd given the seller. True story, happy ending smile.gif

Garthgantu

ALL Right, Spades!! The window for this dill-hole is now shut (I just checked). His only recourse would be to respond to your feed to him. But since this clown hasn't done that by now, you're free & clear. Chalk one up for justice!!

Rick