• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

After Three Months I Finally Negged Rustysstarwars

38 posts in this topic

hey all,

it took me quite a bit of pondering the last week on whether i would or wouldn't neg him. i've taken pride that i've never given a neg to anyone, and i think that as a seller, it does make a good selling point to have never negged a buyer. but when this morning came and i knew it was my last chance - i absolutely had to.

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=rustysstarwars

notice how i sequenced the feedback so that there were no spaces? it forced the orientation of feedbacks for that page to have a different configuration (larger spacing) compared to usual. look to page 2 of his feedbacks if you don't know what i'm talking about.

comments?

Just currious. What happened that caused you to wait 3 months to give him negative feedback. Also what did he do to cause negative feedback.

You spent almost 800 bucks, I hope you got that money back.

There are many previous threads on this if you want to go back and look.

Spades... I hope you avoid the retaliatory neg because he got everybody else (I assume that he can't retaliate because you got him on the last day).

rustysstarwars is a very infamous individual on these boards. can anyone find the multiple threads we had on this guy? (i don't know how to)

back in january, rusty had a bunch of HG SA books for sale - all blurry pics. he didn't reply to emails requesting larger scans, or serial numbers, or any proof the HG books actually existed.

it was generally believed he was trying to pass off low grade books as HG certified copies (he was simultaneously running auction lots of ungraded books of similar genre).

once the 20 or so auctions ended, the high bidders were contacted by members of this forum (like tomega) questioning the legitimacy of the auctions. he auctioned great HG stuff, all sorts of 9.4 and 9.6 keys (cap 100, XM 14, ASMs etc.) coming to easily 10 thousand dollars.

i also contacted the other winners of the auctions, and we acted together and told rusty that if he didn't provide proof the books existed, none of us would pay.

one of us, timevault, lived close to rusty and asked if he could pick up the books in person. rusty outright refused. further, rusty wanted MO or certifed cheque sent to a PO Box. he would not reveal his real address.

anyways, after receiving NPBs (we subsequently all got them cancelled by eBay), rusty RE-LISTED the books in private auctions so that we couldn't notify the bidders.

you'll see some of his feedbacks were from people who bought his CGC comics the second time around. the remarks were like, "comic STUFFED into modern case, a 9.2 with water stains, tears etc."

for several weeks, it was quite the headache to deal with.

so that's the story. as for the 3 months - it's about sniping a neg.

That has to be the worst feedback I have ever seen! How is this guy still on ebay? Saw you mentioned TimeVault - another seller to definitely avoid. Tried to rip me off on an X-men 9 and another guy on an Ff 12 which were both paid for and "lost in the mail."

>Spades... I hope you avoid the retaliatory neg because he got everybody else (I assume that he can't retaliate because you got him on the last day).

yeah shroom. again, i think everyone here does agree that you did a good thing by leaving the negs - but unfortunately you paid dearly for it too.

that's the problem with eBay feedback. it's the system at fault, not the people who should leave neg feedback but don't. cause by leaving neg feedback where it's deserved, the "negger" DOES NOT BENEFIT, and can only be HARMED by leaving appropriate negative feedback. so why should they leave neg feedback if it CANNOT BENEFIT and will only HURT them? again, the fault is the feedback system, not the people using it.

anyways - unlike your feedback, my feedback came way late to deter people from bidding on his later auctions. so again, kudos to you.

many thanks for the supportive words,

though i'm pretty sure i'm in the clear on the retaliatory feedback.

i was wondering if any of the other buyers were going to snipe a neg too (cause most of the other auctions ended on the same night) but i guess not.

but after several days teeter-tottering about whether i would do it, i woke up this morning and rushed to school - i somehow became so anxious to do it and to not miss the opportunity.

that guy really was a jack@ss. his post-auction email to me after i won the auction went something like "PAY BY MO OR CASHIER'S CHECK TO MY PO BOX. IF YOU DON'T, I WILL REPORT YOU TO EBAY." (the caps are "sic", add blue font and add multiple spelling errors)

Trouble is, he will continue to do business on ebay, people will continue to buy from him and people will continue to be ripped off by him.

Your neg is just as valid as anybody elses. A lot of people don't go back more than a page or two. By negging him now it keps his failures clearly for everybody to see (Caveat et emptor).

Well done mate.

>By negging him now it keps his failures clearly for everybody to see

that is a good point.

the absolute CRAZY thing about this is... (think about this for a moment)

he set up a round of CGC auctions that we KNEW were fraudulent.

we notified eBay and they went as far as agreeing we had reason for doubts and lifted the NPB warnings we received.

YET

eBay operates in way that allowed rusty to go ahead and re-auction the SAME ITEMS to a new group of unsuspecting buyers. THOSE buyers were then screwed cause we couldn't contact them.

all that happened was that the second generation of bidders got screwed in lieu of the first generation of bidders. how exactly is that right?

pure folly.

all that happened was that the second generation of bidders got screwed in lieu of the first generation of bidders. how exactly is that right?

It sucks. eBay's policy on these sort of cases is flawed. It is clear that as long as they are getting their fees they are not overly concerned about the rampant fruad that goes on.

All we can do as buyers is just keep plugging away at crooked sellers like this and hope that eventually they will get the message.

Good work with the neg.

That's the crazy part. You go ahead and bring all this to light, save everyone money, and ebay lets/helps him find some new suckers. They actually help guys like this. I remember his auctions. It was all a scam. Too bad he's still at it.....

I commend you on getting this guy's dirty laundry out in the open. There are waay too many panty-waists that don't neg because of fear; not worrying about helping others who are uninformed, only self-preservation. Kudos!!

But as for the time limit, 90 days is the best time to do it, but it's not necessarily a done deal. I've actually had listings stay in the system for up to 120 days. Normally the window closes at "around" 90 days- depending on when the weekend falls- but you may not be out of the woods yet. I say this only to prevent a shock to your system if he's able to squeeze one in.

If that happens, let us know. I've been known to 'buy' something just for feedback purposes. smirk.gif We comic nuts gotta stick together! wink.gif

Rick