• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

12-cent War Comics

131 posts in this topic

I spent a lot of time comparing the two as well. I'd put his two changes in the "only Russ would know" category as well. Wow.

I'll have to mention that to him next time I talk to him. He's usually at about 2 NorCal shows a year.

Adam, thanks for sharing.

Marc

As I've gotten older and the things I do in my career have started to repeat themselves, I have greater and greater appreciation for the old-fashioned concept of a professional: someone who is unwilling to give less than his best even he isn't treated the best.

That's beautiful. Did the Curators contain many other cmicso in the OAAW series?

Got this one in today. It's a sharp copy (and has a great EA story), but the two center wraps are cleanly detached. Luckily I didn't pay much for it. If anyone wants it just shoot me a PM. It will go cheap.

Just get it slabbed and in no time at all they will spontaneously reattach.

talk about attention to detail 893whatthe.gif

i can't even see the difference in either the pilot or the sweep of the wings after knowing they been chnaged.................. insane.gif

Maybe Russ was just playing mind games with Adam. confused-smiley-013.gifpoke2.gif

sign-rantpost.gif One more crack like that and I'm putting you on ignore.

Got this one in today. It's a sharp copy (and has a great EA story), but the two center wraps are cleanly detached. Luckily I didn't pay much for it. If anyone wants it just shoot me a PM. It will go cheap.

Just get it slabbed and in time at all they will spontaneously reattach.

I was considering it. I might just leave it on my windowsill by the light of the next full moon and let the restoration graemlins have it.

Just get it slabbed and in no time at all they will spontaneously reattach.

27_laughing.gif the exact same thought occurred to me instantly.....................

For those who are interested in the contents of Pedrin's Big Five Index...

About 3/4 of the book is the Big Five Index, which lists every Big Five war comic chronologically by title with story titles, number of pages, writer, penciler, and inker. The very back has a Price Guide of all of the issues.

The front 1/4 of the book contains articles by and about the creators of the Big Five war comics. The first page is a tribute to Russ Heath, then there is a foreward by Chris Pedrin.

There is a lengthy article by Bob Kanigher who was the editor of the Big Five war comics. He apparently created many of the characters (including Sgt Rock and Enemy Ace) and wrote many of the stories that were brought to life by the art of Kubert, Heath, Evans and other.

Also interspersed throughout the book are pieces of war comic art by Heath (cover), Evans, Kubert, Ric Estrada, and Mort Drucker.

All in all, a very cool book to own if you have any interest in DC war comics. img56.gif