• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicSupply Grading Contest v2: Left to name/start date.

139 posts in this topic

You know as well as I do that JC will be here each and every round to complain about a grade, people, or life in general.

Nope, that was not my intent, at least UNTIL the peanut gallery started screaming STFU, all the while tossing insult after insult my way.

lol, the irony runs thick on here. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

And since so many people obviously want me contributing regularly to the contest (otherwise, why stupidly provoke me??) I'll cede to my many fans and be back round after round after round...

blush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

Obviously this bozo WANTS me to keep commeting about this braindead contest, otherwise, why provoke me like that?

I'll be back.. grin.gif

Vince,

Do me a fave, and at least reply to the poster you are calling a "bozo" popcorn.gif

Sorry Divad, as I was actually replying to your "gasp" emoticons and "this bozo" was the loud-mouthed goof you replied to.

In regular conversation, the transition would have worked, but I guess not online.

earlier, i had contemplated asking people to stop piling on, as my initial sarcasm was likely enough.

now i wish that i had.

i find it amusing that so many people - on messageboards of all stripe - seem to get enjoyment from telling a group of people they don't know how much they don't like something the group obviously enjoys. and by "amusing," i of course mean "irritating."

J_C, you have plenty of opinions about things here that are actually substantiative. others who are guilty of this pet peeve of mine can't say the same. i wonder why you find the need to stoop to that level

Sorry Divad, as I was actually replying to your "gasp" emoticons and "this bozo" was the loud-mouthed goof you replied to.

In regular conversation, the transition would have worked, but I guess not online.

Grumpy much? Just curious. I have now decided to call you The Anti-KK. You don't pimp anything, just try to get people to drop their collections and ruin their threads. Just try to have a more positive outlook, Tex. grin.gif

i find it amusing that so many people - on messageboards of all stripe - seem to get enjoyment from telling a group of people they don't know how much they don't like something the group obviously enjoys.

Trust me I get no enjoyment out of this.

I just have this "maximum amount of stupidity I can handle" meter inside me, that kind of "goes off" when it reaches the maximum, and then I just have to say something. If I see someone doing something extremely stupid or embarassing (like carting a piece of toilet paper on a shoe, a few buttons undone on a shirt, or a piece of salad on the tooth) I just CANNOT grin and bear it - I always let the guy know.

Call it a personality flaw, but I just can't watch stupidity unfold before my eyes, and keep silent. And this latest "secret names/will run forever/rules from Hell/whiners galore" Grading Contest certainly qualifies under my criteria.

Call it a personality flaw, but I just can't watch stupidity unfold before my eyes, and keep silent. And this latest "secret names/will run forever/rules from Hell/whiners galore" Grading Contest certainly qualifies under my criteria.

No, you can't stand not being the center of attention.

attentionwhorethumb.jpg

This contest has nothing to do with you so move on.

1061613-aw.jpg.35ac6ca9ae5ea2142c9d9f3a84fc6dac.jpg

Say is Whore as in Attention Whore a banned word?

Edit: Guess, I found out. I will have to remember that in the future. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No, but [embarrassing lack of self control] is . . . 27_laughing.gif

You are one mean man/woman, divad!!! grin.gif

Say is Whore as in Attention Whore a banned word?

Edit: Guess, I found out. I will have to remember that in the future. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No, but [embarrassing lack of self control] is . . . 27_laughing.gif

You are one mean man/woman, divad!!! grin.gif

Go ahead, say it! Hermaphrodite! acclaim.gif

i find it amusing that so many people - on messageboards of all stripe - seem to get enjoyment from telling a group of people they don't know how much they don't like something the group obviously enjoys.

Trust me I get no enjoyment out of this.

I just have this "maximum amount of stupidity I can handle" meter inside me, that kind of "goes off" when it reaches the maximum, and then I just have to say something. If I see someone doing something extremely stupid or embarassing (like carting a piece of toilet paper on a shoe, a few buttons undone on a shirt, or a piece of salad on the tooth) I just CANNOT grin and bear it - I always let the guy know.

i do call it a personality flaw. it's one i share. but you're bright enough to know that this type of reaction's not going to win you any friends. further, any comments you receive as a result of telling someone they're "stupid" - in so many words - should be expected, and your rebuttals against same come across as whiny and narcissistic.

i only bring this up because i do think that you have an interesting take on the industry, and a lot to offer the forum in general, and these sort of person_without_enough_empathyfests do nothing to help anybody

i only bring this up because i do think that you have an interesting take on the industry, and a lot to offer the forum in general, and these sort of person_without_enough_empathyfests do nothing to help anybody
I agree Sal. I would like to see JC post in COMgeneral on typical subjects. Nothing personal.