• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you turn creme pages to white.

7 posts in this topic

I would say it is closer to destruction.

It's not destruction if a professional who is trained in bleaching does the work using bleaching agents that are not harmful to the paper. In some cases (such as some brittle or slightly brittle books), restorers such as Tracey Heft have actually been able to restore some measure of flexibility to the pages through bleaching.

Any way you slice it, it is definitely restoration though.

It's not destruction if a professional who is trained in bleaching does the work using bleaching agents that are not harmful to the paper. In some cases (such as some brittle or slightly brittle books), restorers such as Tracey Heft have actually been able to restore some measure of flexibility to the pages through bleaching.

I thought such agents affect the inks.

I thought such agents affect the inks.

Which agents? You can bleach paper with a lot of different things, although comic book paper is a special animal because of the lignin content so only certain bleaching agents can be used. Some of them (like hydrogen peroxide) do not bleach out the inks.