• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Battlestar Galactica

589 posts in this topic

Ok this happened 2 days after the finale aired.

We all watched the show and saw Hera give this piece she painted to Starbuck..which turned out to be the coordinates to Earth.

03herasnotes.jpg

Well last Sunday, my daughter, who has never seen the show comes running up to me screaming "Daddy, I made this for you...You NEED THIS!!!" :o

GracieBattlestar.jpg

So..um....it's on the wall and it's not coming down until I figure out where I am supposed to go with it and what I need to do with it. :insane:

lol:applause:

The really big question, the one I want answered by the writers/creators rather than through assumptions or conjecture or whatever is.......

WHAT THE FRAK WAS STARBUCK?

I accept the angel/messiah concept, but I want to know what the actual intent was. (shrug)

Oh, this was the other point I was thinking about and forgot to write on last night.

There's some conjecture that her father was Daniel and the one and only Daniel that was "boxed". So... Kara = skinjob daughter turned "angel/messiah" after death? Perhaps. Ron Moore seemed reluctant to shed light on the matter in an interview.

On an aside, I keep wondering if there was something about this Daniel in "Razor", so I'm going to have to pull that out this weekend and re-watch it in case I missed something there.

then what was the lovely child stuff about? isn't his given name john or something?

She named Cavil "John" and looked upon him favorably as her child because she created him in her father's image. So he was her pet skinjob Cylon. Her father's name very likely was John.

The really big question, the one I want answered by the writers/creators rather than through assumptions or conjecture or whatever is.......

WHAT THE FRAK WAS STARBUCK?

She was the key to trans-dimensional portals, transformed by a group of monks from pure energy to human form with a complex back-story in which she is perceived by others as the snotty younger sister of the protagonist.

Wait--am I getting my sci-fi confused?

Has anyone touched on the fact that "All Along the Watchtower", in our reality written by Bob Dylan, has apparently been in existence in the BSG reality for at least 150,000 years? Does this imply that certain music is "channeled" by modern composers + songwriters from a more ancient source (as many musicians claim in our reality, "I am just a channel for the music. It comes from somewhere else")?

This seems to suggest an important role for the Cylons in the development of music + possibly the other creative arts. I know that Daniel, Kara's father?, was called "the Artist". Interesting stuff.

From thedigitalbits:

Finally, Universal has just officially announced the DVD and Blu-ray release of Battlestar Galactica: Season 4.5 and Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series on 7/28... just as we've been predicting for a couple months now. Battlestar Galactica: Season 4.5 (SRP $49.98 on DVD and $69.98 on BD) will include exclusive new episode audio commentaries featuring Ron Moore, David Eick and Edward James Olmos, all of Ron Moore's podcast commentaries, David Eick's Video Blogs, delete scenes, 4 behind-the-scenes featurettes (Evolution of a Clue, What the Frak is Going On with Battlestar Galactica?, ...And They Have a Plan and The Journey Ends: The Arrival) and 6 A Look Back featurettes (So Say We All, Manifesto Destiny, Battle-Style Galactica, Martyr to a Cause, The Sins of the Forgiven and Battlestar Revelations). Exclusive to the Blu-ray will be The Musicians Behind Daybreak featurette, the Battlestar Galactica: Ultimate Battle BD-Live game, and 3 BD-Java/U-Control in-program viewing options, including The Oracle (an interactive guide to ships and characters), Battlestar Actual (a glossary of Galactica terminology) and What the Frak Happened to You? (on the history and connections of the various characters). That's all Season 4.5 - the features list for the Complete Series on DVD and Blu-ray has yet to be officially announced. Here's what we DO know for sure: Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series on BD (SRP $349.98) will be a 20-disc set (all BD-50s), while the DVD version (SRP $279.98) will be a 25-disc set. Audio for the BD will be DTS-HD MA 5.1, while the DVDs will feature Dolby Digital 5.1. All four of these sets will feature English SDH and Spanish subtitles. I'm personally HOPING that Universal has included ALL of the available deleted scenes for the show in the complete series box sets, including the ones that were left off the DVDs for exclusive use on retailer websites (like Amazon and Best Buy). We'll post more details and artwork as soon as they come in.

78488.jpg.57501485ef5564cad4651394b176bf7c.jpg

78489.jpg.9ee92329283986c2a8e296a659ee1f8a.jpg

78490.jpg.0e68966699cbc47278796a103c2a0a59.jpg