• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Art get together at the Shuley Museum Feb 18th

48 posts in this topic

after spotting kevin at the WW boston show, i doubt there will be much room. He hasn't missed too many meals...only baths. stooges.gif

Ahhh...a good 'ole Shuley vs. gman flamewar...just like in days of yore! 27_laughing.gif

Okay, I think we have a list. So far we have the following :

Ted Van Liew

Bechara Maaloof

Niko M.

Dan Drummond

Rob Larsen

Alberto Gonzalez

Myself

Dave Hennen and collector to be named later

I am still waiting on a couple of RSVPs -

You can add me to the list. I don't post up here much but I noticed your get together. I live in Bristol RI and a regular at the Attleboro and Boston shows. No doubt I'll see a few familiar faces. It sounds like fun, maybe I'll drag another local collector along

I'll PM for directions and thanks for hosting the party

Dave Hennen

Okay, I think we have a list. So far we have the following :

Ted Van Liew

Bechara Maaloof

Niko M.

Dan Drummond

Rob Larsen

Alberto Gonzalez

Myself

I am still waiting on a couple of RSVPs -

Bechara? Cool.

I guess we know whose pages we'll be looking at most intently 27_laughing.gif

hail.gif

You can add me to the list. I don't post up here much but I noticed your get together. I live in Bristol RI and a regular at the Attleboro and Boston shows. No doubt I'll see a few familiar faces. It sounds like fun, maybe I'll drag another local collector along

I'll PM for directions and thanks for hosting the party

Dave Hennen

PM sent with directions and phone number. I am happy to have you Dave and of course, bring your friend.

Rob,

yeah, I am psyched he's coming....course, something could change, but he seemed really happy about it. -

I have recieved a couple of "maybes" and a confirmaition.....so the list looks like this :

Drummy (Dan D.)

Alberto1975 (Alberto G.)

Silver and Bronze (Paul M.)

Bechara M.

Ted Van Liew

Rob React (Rob L.)

Niko61 (Nik M.)

Dan Maull (maybe 893crossfingers-thumb.gif)

Ben Bresell ( 893crossfingers-thumb.gif)

Dave Hennenn

I am really psyched about this.....should be alot of fun and we get to all drool over Alberto's ever growing Capt America covers !

Just a bump to let remind everyone. I am going to touch base with Ted and Bechara by phone and hope to see everyone there. I've pmd most of you, but if there is someone here that can come that hasn't thrown there name in, please do so....and contact me for directions.

Also, I will be serving lunch, so come hungry.....

I have recieved a couple of "maybes" and a confirmaition.....so the list looks like this :

Drummy (Dan D.)

Alberto1975 (Alberto G.)

Silver and Bronze (Paul M.)

Bechara M.

Ted Van Liew

Rob React (Rob L.)

Niko61 (Nik M.)

Dan Maull (maybe 893crossfingers-thumb.gif)

Ben Bresell ( 893crossfingers-thumb.gif)

Dave Hennenn

I am really psyched about this.....should be alot of fun and we get to all drool over Alberto's ever growing Capt America covers !

I've got a few confirmations :

Dan Maul

Rob_ React

Nikos61

Alberto

Still waiting to hear from Drummy, Dave Hennan, and Silver and Bronze -

Ted and Bechara I will touch base with this weekend.

Hi all!

I just wanted to publically thank Mike and Gloria for hosting another great get-together. I had to leave early today, but it was great fun to see Mike, Alberto, and Ted, and to meet Dan, Patrick, and Bechara. Everyone had super stuff to show off and I enjoyed learning more about modern artists and crazy prices.

I look forward to another shindig this summer. Maybe then I'll actually have a few more pages. Best,

Dan hi.gif

Hi all!

I just wanted to publically thank Mike and Gloria for hosting another great get-together. I had to leave early today, but it was great fun to see Mike, Alberto, and Ted, and to meet Dan, Patrick, and Bechara. Everyone had super stuff to show off and I enjoyed learning more about modern artists and crazy prices.

I look forward to another shindig this summer. Maybe then I'll actually have a few more pages. Best,

Dan hi.gif

Any of you guys planning on coming down for the convention next weekend? I'm sure we'd all love to see you at our forum/OA dinner Saturday.

Dan,

It was really my pleasure. I had a great time and I think that those of you guys that missed this one (you know who you are 893naughty-thumb.gif ) hopefully can make the next one.....There was alot of art being shown and Bechara and Ted had a ton of stuff.....

Hari,

I wanted to make it down for this show, but it's impossible with my schedule at work....there seems to be alot of buzz on this one, should be interesting....

Another great gathering at the Shuley Museum!

Mike, thank you so much for having us, everything was great! smile.gif I am not sure we'd be able to have a gathering without Gloria's cooking!!

It was great to see Ted, Dan, Patrick, Bechara and Mike (and the art they brought with them, of course)! We were able to really see a great number of pieces, from silver age to modern stuff, and I had a blast listening to Ted's and Bechara's stories!!

Looking forward to the next one!

Alberto

Truthfully, there was so much stuff, alot of it doesn't stick out in my mind...Bechara had the Brave and Bold 29 page 1 that kicked me in the head.....but not really in my collecting budget...there were some twice up art that got alot of attention as did the Kirby Thor/Destro

page that Bechara had.......and like Alberto said, the stories were great....