• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men 4 Please Grade My Book

13 posts in this topic

Robert Beerbohm here going back to grading school. I will be posting a series of books over the next couple weeks in an effort to come up to speed on tightened grading standards coupled with having bought a few pairs of eye glass 2.75 magnification "cheaters" to augment waning 20/20 vision brought on by advancing years. Any help welcomed. http://www.BLBComics.com

X-Men0004front.jpg

X-Men0004back.jpg

893whatthe.gif What are you seeing to drag it down to a 7.0?!? If that's not a stain, the only defects I see are 4 or 5 spine stresses and very slightly blunted corners, which by themselves barely knock a silver age book out of the 9s.

The spine stress marks seem a little too noticeable to me..and there appears to be

some more significant creasing at the LLFC....

Could be. On closer inspection it looks like there is a water stain along the entire bottom edge. Hard to see, but the tidelines stand out a bit in places.

If that's a big stain, and it looks like it is, the book drops to a 4.0/4.5. frown.gif

The spine stress marks seem a little too noticeable to me..and there appears to be

some more significant creasing at the LLFC....

Could be. On closer inspection it looks like there is a water stain along the entire bottom edge. Hard to see, but the tidelines stand out a bit in places.

If that's a big stain, and it looks like it is, the book drops to a 4.0/4.5. frown.gif

4.5 looks about right if that's a major water stain.

Maybe 5.0 if it's only the front cover and doesn't touch the insides at all.

I don't see anything on the back. gossip.gif

What a way to ruin a VF+ book. frown.gif

hello - what that bottom right hand corner moisture creep is, is just on the top of the front cover, nothing inside the inside front cover shows thru at all

and nothing at all re water anywhere else on this book

not on the back or inside back cover

however, it does show easily on the top of the lower front cover corner

and i wish to thank every one who is pointing stuff out to me

I will be posting more books very soon as i continue my grading school re-learning curve

hello - what that bottom right hand corner moisture creep is, is just on the top of the front cover, nothing inside the inside front cover shows thru at all

and nothing at all re water anywhere else on this book

not on the back or inside back cover

however, it does show easily on the top of the lower front cover corner

There still does seem to me to be something just under Beast and Cyke and to the left of Angel. If not moisture, what is it?

Still a fabulous book of course.

Dan