• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original Art Mylars...

14 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I am interested in buying a couple of mylar sleeves to put my art in. I think the art looks great in a mylar, and then inside a portfolio until gets framed (it seems to keep the pieces from sliding around the portfolio too, which is a bonus).

I just wanted to see if anyone knows of any other good solutions for storing their art temporarily, or if there's any other place to order things online besides www.egerber.com

Anyway, please let me know!

Alberto

The Gerber mylars are really good. I use them for almost everything.

If Gerber is sticking it to you on shipping talk to your LCS about ordering them directly from Gerber for you. Diamond owns Gerber and they should ship with their regular weekly order.

If that doesn't work out shoot Russell (ComicSupply) a PM. He might be able to work something out for you.

Also, Bill Cole carries mylars for OA.

I bought a batch of Mylars/backing boards from comicsupply.com. Fantastic stuff. I now have the art i the Mylar with board inside of a 13X19 portfolio. Its about the best i can come up with for the art I'm not going to frame. Order today, I'll garauntee* you have by weeks end.

Mike

*not an official garauntee. no refunds boo.gif

I bought a batch of Mylars/backing boards from comicsupply.com. Fantastic stuff. I now have the art i the Mylar with board inside of a 13X19 portfolio. Its about the best i can come up with for the art I'm not going to frame. Order today, I'll garauntee* you have by weeks end.

Mike

Hey Mike, thanks for the tip. I sent Russ a PM...

What size Mylars did you get? Did you have to get 50? or did they have smaller packages?

Mike

Hey Mike, thanks for the tip. I sent Russ a PM...

What size Mylars did you get? Did you have to get 50? or did they have smaller packages?

I'd like to know this too...

Russ sells them individually (1 mylar with 1 BackingBoard). I bought 20 the first time and 25 this past week.

Here is a thread with a link to the MYLARS

and here is another link of another rave review about thier arrival CONDITION

Bottom line, order as many or as little as you need, they'll be on your door ASAP. I get them in CA in about 4 days. with the OA mylars yo can show off your collection without fear of damage from heavy handed, greasy fingered relatives.

Mike

The Gerber mylars are really good. I use them for almost everything.

If Gerber is sticking it to you on shipping talk to your LCS about ordering them directly from Gerber for you. Diamond owns Gerber and they should ship with their regular weekly order.

If that doesn't work out shoot Russell (ComicSupply) a PM. He might be able to work something out for you.

Also, Bill Cole carries mylars for OA.

Thanks for the comicsupply suggestion I may try that. I've tried twice with my LCS and both times he said he couldn't get them. confused-smiley-013.gif

Man that sucks, the sale does not include combos, and the only stuff he has for OA is the single mylar/board combo, so no discount frown.gif

Oh well, I'll definitely have to try those though, Russ takes good care of stuff, so I am sure they're great...

Man that sucks, the sale does not include combos, and the only stuff he has for OA is the single mylar/board combo, so no discount frown.gif

Yeah, I asked about that. I think his regular selling price is pretty close on th eprofit margin side that he can't discount them anymore. But $4.00 for a mylar or $60+ to frame all your art. The choice gets easier

Well after this thread, i just ordered 10 of the mylar combos from Comic Supply.

Initially I had debated the idea of framing my stuff, but the mylar seems like a more realistic approach to storing them.

BagsUnlimited.com is pretty good.

Initially I had debated the idea of framing my stuff, but the mylar seems like a more realistic approach to storing them.

I wouldn't call framing a 'storage' option, it's more of a 'display' option. Putting art in a frame is not an optimal situation for storing and/or perserving your art although it IS great to look at! 893applaud-thumb.gif If you want to store your art, nothing beats putting it in mylar and then in a portfolio like Itoya that you can flip through while admiring your collection!

Lamb