• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your Anti-Nazi Comics Here!!

20 posts in this topic

We have a very active Anti-Commie thread so it is only fitting that we have an Anti-Nazi thread as well. Obviously much of the period during 1940-1945 included Anti-Nazi stories/covers so lets focus only on those books that were specially issued for propaganda purposes or featured great or significant Anti-Nazi covers.

Here are a few issues to start it off.

Comiccavalcade3.jpg

SecretVoice1.jpg

Therearenomasterraces.jpg

CaptainAmerica1.jpg

Daredevil1.jpg

SubMarinerComics1.jpg

MoreFun72.jpg

622526-pep20.jpg

I couldn't understand the significance of the cover at first as I totally looked past the Swastika. foreheadslap.gif

Anyone know the history behind this particular book? It is from about October 1941. Is this supposed to reference crematoriums? Is there any specific reference to the cover in the actual inside story?

Great thread idea, Mark! Here's my contribution... like 143ksk's sweet Pep 20 above, it's a tough one in any condition. January 1942 is the cover date, i.e. it was in the works pre-Pearl Harbor...and no Nazis inside, but the Steel Sterling story does take place in Hawaii. Amazing how many comic writers seemed to have Hawaii on the brain in the months before Pearl Harbor!

zip22.jpg

brilliant! love that Daredevil book- one of my favorites since I heard the story behind its creation.

Yeah I agree... Certainly one of my top grails. And by the way Mark, are you thinking of up-grading to this copy? I'd love to know that I forum member had it so that when I win the lottery I'd know who to talk to...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

brilliant! love that Daredevil book- one of my favorites since I heard the story behind its creation.

Yeah I agree... Certainly one of my top grails. And by the way Mark, are you thinking of up-grading to this copy? I'd love to know that I forum member had it so that when I win the lottery I'd know who to talk to...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Actually, I own an 8.5 copy. The one I posted is on consignment to me. So if you can't afford the Church copy, consider the 8.5 and 7.5!! headbang.gif

Awesome books! Which is your favorite out of those you posted? Its funny how almost all those Nedor Schomburg covers have a common theme: Hero punching nazi in the head.

I can't imagine picking one. I love the Fighting Yank #5, the Thriling #11, the Action #43, the Supes #17...

Awesome books! Which is your favorite out of those you posted? Its funny how almost all those Nedor Schomburg covers have a common theme: Hero punching nazi in the head.

I can't imagine picking one. I love the Fighting Yank #5, the Thriling #11, the Action #43, the Supes #17...

Yeah, I don't blame you. I just looked them all over again and couldn't pick just one myself. Something about the Thrilling #11 artwork stands out for me among the Nedors. Among the Actions - #43 gets the nod. I personally think #43 may be the most classic of the Action war covers.

Yeah, I don't blame you. I just looked them all over again and couldn't pick just one myself. Something about the Thrilling #11 artwork stands out for me among the Nedors. Among the Actions - #43 gets the nod. I personally think #43 may be the most classic of the Action war covers.

I'm partial to #54 myself. Just a fantastic U-boat cover!