• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This was advertised as a VF-. What would you grade it at?

31 posts in this topic

Structurally it's pretty close to a VF-, but the obvious fading really kills it. At least I think it's faded. You can see where the price sticker used to be in the upper right corner of the cover. I would say 6.0.

I was going to say 7.0. Also, have seen a few of this comic that exhibit some missing color components that cause the color difference. It is consistent on the front but I can't tell if the same problem is on the back.

What about all of the creases? Christo_pull_hair.gif

Write them out, hard to see on the cream background.

About a dozen small creases along the spine on the front. The top right of the front has a folded corner. The LRFC has a folded corner. And the spine on the back has several large creases (especially at the bottom).

About a dozen small creases along the spine on the front. The top right of the front has a folded corner. The LRFC has a folded corner. And the spine on the back has several large creases (especially at the bottom).

That damage and the fading put it at a low 6.0. Did you get this off eBay?

That damage and the fading put it at a low 6.0. Did you get this off eBay?

Yes and no. I missed the auction and made a deal off-eBay. The seller was...... CappsComics. tonofbricks.gif I didn't see this thread until after I had sent payment.

I knew by his feedback that the book was going to be somewhat overgraded (as per normal eBay standards yeahok.gif). But I was expecting atleast F+. This looks more like a F-. That's TWO WHOLE GRADES off! Christo_pull_hair.gif

Cappscomics. foreheadslap.gif

Knowing how much trouble they had grading BA books consistently, it's a bit scary to think that they're now dealing in GA books!

Since you're not happy with the book, I would certainly pursue a refund with them. I was able to get a refund for the books mentioned in that old thread, but it took many calls. (and note, if you do end up sending the book back to them, wise to cover yourself & get delivery confirmation etc. for the package) Hope it works out for you friend... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif