• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golly were you folks right or what?

40 posts in this topic

The picture was taken from this auction.

You can see the "Quality" in both pics. makepoint.gif

screwy.gif
foreheadslap.gifLink

Okay ............ I'm old and confuse easily. lol That's not the book that I bought or the auction. I WISH it was, but sadly no. Is that one of yours??

ahhhhhh I see that my book is up. Thanks!

Dyan,

What greggy is trying to communicate through all of those emoticons is that the seller you bought the book from stole the scans from that auction and posted the pics in his auction...in other words...deception. No one is now disputing that the book in the auction wasn't his...especially after posting the book you ACTUALLY got.

Which looks like a 1.8 at best to me. A toilet read at best.

frown.gif

Dyan,

What greggy is trying to communicate through all of those emoticons is that the seller you bought the book from stole the scans from that auction and posted in his...in other words...deception. No one is now disputing that the book in the auction was his...especially after posting the book you ACTUALLY got.

frown.gif

ahhhhhh I wondered about the two ebay images. They looked ALOT alike ........ glad to know that I'm not nuts too. I gotta get used to the shorthand you folks use in posts. hehe

Thanks for posting the image! I'm going to sleep on things, then most likely register a complaint through paypal. Esp now that I've seen where he got his ebay image from.

Well I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. Its a nostalgic looking copy, all worn out like that so to me it actually has a bit of appeal smile.gif

I learned my lessons about eBay Near Mint a while back. I certainly understand how the thrill of the hunt can overshadow caution. Been a victim myself in that regard. I'm always cautious around low feedback sellers, though. This fellow only had a 21 when you placed your bids.

I think someone around here started a thread on reputable eBay dealers. Cool idea hopefully they make that thread sticky.

frown.gif

I'm going to sleep on things, then most likely register a complaint through paypal.

Good idea....and it's not as difficult as you might think...and Paypal will help you get your money back. I've had my share of problems and they've always been there to look after it.

if a seller is selling nothing but "perfect" "near mint" books and doesn't have tons of feedback for similar sales from happy customers and doesn't have big phat scans and all that... smells funny.

I always like to see sellers who give different grades to their books. I have a few NM books up and I think it's believable given the number of G/VG, VG, VG/FIne, etc. books up.

Looks like a stolen scan from Quality Comics. 893censored-thumb.gif
Duh....really sleeping.gif

I didn't get a chance to read page two before replying to the first post on page one dork.

boo.gif

God, what a dismal start to buying comics on ebay - a classic sleazy (not to mention lazy) bait and switch.

I had a similar experience when I started buying on the bay, FWIW. Even though I'd been collecting and dealing for many years, expertise counted for little when it came to ebay. My advice is to be cautious and do your homework, and accept that despite your best efforts, you'll still get burned occasionally.

Although I doubt you'll fall for a stunt like this again..

>> So when I ask this person for a refund, they not only

>> refuse but ...

My number one piece of advice for comic buyers: In any auction over about $5, email the seller first and ASK what their refund policy is. If you get no reply, or a reply that's rude or loony, don't bid. And:

Don't do business with folks who won't give you a refund.

gozer

--------------------

I am selling only the concept of karmic realignment.