• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cool and historic Flash splash on CAF

4 posts in this topic

This weekend, I posted my newly-acquired Flash 277 splash penciled by Alex Saviuk and inked by Frank McLaughlin. This splash has been professionally colored and is beautiful. It's the splash page to the Iris Allen funeral issue of the Death of Iris Allen storyline that ran through Flash in 1979. This is a cool splash page because it's got extremely large figures and it's Flash vs. the JLA — Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman.

Here's the link:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=18877

Please let me know what you think of the art and what you think of professionally coloring pieces of art. Remember, though, I didn't have this splash colored; it was colored and signed by Saviuk in 1988.

Mike Browning

Beautiful page!

I love Saviuk's art, I think he has done tremendous work in everything that he's gotten his hands on, and that page is definitely beautiful! You should be proud!!!

Personally, I really like black and white pages, and only like color pages when they're watercolor paintings, but in that case, and considering it was colored by Saviuk himself, I think it's great. It might hurt the resale value a little bit, but if it's just for your own enjoyment, who cares? smile.gif

Alberto

That's a great splash. I saw it on ebay, probably the day it was posted. I remember that story well, though sold my copy some years ago.

I'm not the biggest fan of Alex Saviuk, especially after replacing Irv Novick on the run, but the all-out action in this page is excellent. Since Alex did the colors as well, I think adds to the piece.