• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First piece of OA....Batman #266 pg #25

14 posts in this topic

Kinda excited about my first piece of OA. I think it's really cool as it has Batman fight action in every panel. Drawn by Irk Novick and inked by G. Wondering what it may be worth on the open market and whether i over paid or under paid. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thoughts?

Roy.

oabatman266pg15.jpg

I think it is awsome. Batman in actionin every panel. Can't get much better...o.k....maybe a page with Catwoman too, as this issue is her first bronze age appearance.

Roy.

wow, this stuff has gotten a lot more expensive the last few years. it's a nice page, but back when i was buying more OA, like in 2000/2001, I guess I would have figured $100-150.

I love that issue and would love to have a page from that one. I think I'd settle for Bruce playing backgammon on the train...

Anyway,your page is just about as close to my first OA as you can get. I have Chua pages from 262 and 264. I'd rather have Novick though and definitely rather have something from #266.

Marc

To me this is classic bronze art. Clear lines, fluid action and well proportioned anatomy. Most characters looked very "lithe" during this era. Also some great panel layouts.

Does anyone have any comments on the est. value of $600-$800? Curious because i would like to buy more art from this era and am looking to establish how much to spend. Is there are rule of thumb to estimate various pieces?

What is the CAF?

Roy.

Does anyone have any comments on the est. value of $600-$800? Curious because i would like to buy more art from this era and am looking to establish how much to spend. Is there are rule of thumb to estimate various pieces?

What is the CAF?

Roy.

$600-800 seems high to me, but I've not been tracking this particular artist. For the artist's I enjoy, I track "sells" and get a feel for what a good number is.

Comic Art Fans http://www.comicartfans.com/

Good place to post art and view other's prized possesions.

What is the CAF?

Roy.

$600-800 seems high to me, but I've not been tracking this particular artist. For the artist's I enjoy, I track "sells" and get a feel for what a good number is.

Comic Art Fans http://www.comicartfans.com/

Good place to post art and view other's prized possesions.

Thanks for the info....i thought it was hi too.