• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigree Comics Obtains Third Best CGC Graded Marvel Silver Age Collection!

37 posts in this topic

No plans at all. But probably sometime before dying.

I bet that's what Edgar Church said.

Ok, I'll call my doctor and arrange for a checkup. Thanks for the reminder.

Eh, you're younger than me. I'm never gonna' see your books in my collection. Now bug off, kid! 27_laughing.gif

So, I take it you have the Supreme SA Marvel collection then, Ghost_Town. So, did you collect any pre-hero Marvels?

Not even close to supreme. Tom, Doug, and plenty of other guys have a lot of books that would look nice in my collection.

Never collected any Marvel pre-hero stuff. Just hero and some horror.

Rahl,

It's not a Registrant. Just a private collector from the good ol' USA who put together a fantastic collection. He has sold a few higher numbers over the past couple of years (Spideys over 102, Avengers over 20, DD's over 20, TOS's over 66, TTA's over 60) but has kept the early stuff pretty much intact and really likes pedigrees! (who doesn't). Based upon my knowledge of who has what in the collecting arena, I consider his collection the third best overall. Ghost town's is a fantastic collection but he doesn't have any JIM's, TTA's, ST's or TOS's so i'd have to give it to this guy over Ghost.

Awe,

He is building a new house and is moving to another state so the timing is right for him to sell the collection. It has nothing to do with getting out of the hobby or fearing a crash, etc. He loves the books but family comes first, no??

Rahl,

Who does have the best SA Marvel Collection? It's a toss-up, I'd say. It also depends on what you'd rather have, more #1's or deeper runs. Ghost town has some pretty deep runs on the titles he collects so he's definitely up there. since this guy will be pretty barren of books based upon the inquiries and emails i've received in the past 2 days, Ghost town is now in the top 3 (couldn't have happened to a nicer guy btw).

Joe,

Not everybody makes the kind of $$ you do. If you don't buy stocks or bonds or put $$ into the savings account but pretty much put your $$ into your collecting passion (I'm also guilty as charged), that will become the source of funds for that big purchase, especially a house. Sacrifices must be made for a big move like that. We all go through that at some point.

Do not construe that to mean he's dumping his books to get out. He knows the market is quite healthy and if it wasn't he'd be looking at losses on these books as he paid a lot for many of them (the ones he got from me included!! No way is he going to lose $$ vbased on the sales from yesterday afternoon and today!!

He is building a new house and is moving to another state so the timing is right for him to sell the collection. It has nothing to do with getting out of the hobby

Ummm, yeah. I bought a new house, a new car and new furnishing and didn't sell any of my comics or other possessions, but I guess people can rationalize "cashing out" any way they please. confused-smiley-013.gif

Joe, no offense intended, but did you pay for everything with cash? I sold my entire collection when i changed cities and bought my first home. And i am mortgagin my way through life. I also gotta say that the market is very strong for many books. I sold a few non key AND key books and set GPA records in the past week, and none of the books were highest graded (or even close in most cases).

Gotta wonder where the doom and gloom actually is 893scratchchin-thumb.gif