• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Punisher!

79 posts in this topic

Tag: Don't KICK Sand in his Face!!!

Perfect!

This movie is going to suck, period. It really wouldn't matter who played the title role. We've all seen this movie before. It's called "Deathwish".

Chris

Aren't you forgetting the Daredevil Movie....

...and the Hulk Movie?

If DD is this generation's Superman III and the Hulk is this gen's Superman IV, then the Punisher is this Gen's Batman (which was great).

I'm not counding X2 because the advance word on that one is SO GOOD, I just know it will be monster hit.

All I'm saying is that you can't expect 100% winners...

Marvel doesn't put out 100% good books...

and they certainly won't put out 100% good movies.

Always be ready for a decrease in quality when there is a sharp run-up in quantity.

X-Men, Spider-man make huge sums of money...the corporate world

will demand more movies immediately...get them out there...strike while the iron's hot.

Unfortunately, if two successes breed this kind of enthusiasm,

one or two failures could end it all very quickly...

(Superman had four movies...two good...two not.)

(Batman also had four movies...)

Even the franchise-of-franchises, Star Wars, is losing fans after movies #4 and #5...

Do we really believe that X-Men, Spider-man, Daredevil, Hulk, Punisher...and on and on...

will all be high quality and successful? ...and how many sequels before they die?

It's never been about height, but about width and muscles. The camera can play tricks to make an actor look taller, but other than heavy CGI, nothing builds muscle.

Nothing builds muscle? How about hitting the gym for a couple of months? It's not like the guy is fat, he's in decent shape. Probably wouldn't take him long to bulk up.

lol! You're right, Hawk.

I think that Tim Bradstreet draws the best Punisher I've seen. He looks the way someone that has been through as much as Frank Castle would look. Hard, cold, tough, etc. Remember, he is a vigilante crimefighter w/ no super powers to aid him. Chances are, he's had his handed to him more than a few times. He should look rough.

Chris

Nothing builds muscle? How about hitting the gym for a couple of months? It's not like the guy is fat, he's in decent shape. Probably wouldn't take him long to bulk up.

That's what I've been saying.

But To add some serious bulk, 2 months is definetly NOT enough. 6 months of intensive proffessional training minimum. It took Dopey Maguire 6 months to get his skinny arse into decent shape to don the costume, and he wasn't even that big(which he wasn't supposed to be anyway).

It's never been about height, but about width and muscles. The camera can play tricks to make an actor look taller, but other than heavy CGI, nothing builds muscle.

Do I hear an echo? grin.gif

T Bradstreet using a lot of photoreferences & stretches the pics of the model or moon using software. Then he creates a pen/ink drawing, transfers it to aqueous paper & experiments with color/paint schemes for his detailed realistic ooo.gif covers.

Very interesting Odin. How do you know this? Do you own any Tim Bradstreet work? Do you know the price range?

Also, how about Glen Fabry (Preacher). Any info would be appreciated. smile.gif

(Sorry for hijacking the thread for a sec...)

Chris

I feel like a shameless huckster doing this but since you guys like Bradstreet:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3985&item=2173515934

And here's a great page from the Ennis/Dillon Punisher mini-series:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14010&item=2173517311

sumo.gif

Kev