• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I won tickets for the X-Men movie...

19 posts in this topic

When I was at the openning for DAREDEVIL there must of been 4 or 5 people filming in the roll up by the screen. You could see the lite up view screen of they're cameras. At first I thought; why are those people watching portable TV's. Then when I got a better look I knew what they were doing. I was surprised at how many were doing that.

I'll put one up (minus any spoilers) when I get home tomorrow.

I'll be looking for that report!!

I haven't poked around the net to get the plot, but it'd be really neato if we had a "Han Solo in carbonite" cliffhanger at the end with Jean Grey. Anyone ever wonder why she was the only team member in the 1st X-men movie without a super-name? Exactly where was Marvel Girl, hmmm?? I think they were saving her "super" name for X-3, and it ain't gonna be Marvel Girl!! wink.gif

I'll see you there. Looking forward to meeting you. I am very excited about this film. The buzz is that it is awesome.

I've already read some great reviews over at Harry Knowles' Ain't it Cool News website and to say that those who have already seen the film really enjoyed it would be an understatement. It looks like the Matrix Reloaded will have a hard act to follow.

http://www.aintitcool.com/section.cgi?type=Coolnews

My favourite comparison is that X2 is like the Star Trek 2 of the franchise. Where the 1st film was the setup and introduction of the characters but was somewhat incomplete, but that film pales besides the 2nd film which works on every level... especially the performances.

And I think DrBanner is on to something with Jean...

Kev

I've got goosebumps....I'm already planning on taking time off from work to see the matinee showing....that's what I did when DD opened and I was one of about twenty people there....and I don't have to share the popcorn with anybody... grin.gif

And I think DrBanner is on to something with Jean...

I would hope so...that story-arc (and FF 48-50) is one of the greats of the comic book genre IMHO. I tell those two stories to non-comic book fans whenever I get the chance, and some of them even find it interesting!!

When the X-men cartoon first hit the airwaves, I watched it without fail until they did the story, although they did change the ending a bit. Not that a different ending is without precedence, in "Marvel: 5 Fabulous Decades..." (a must-read for Marvellites) there's an article about Claremont/Shooter/Byrne having a run-in over the first draft of the ending of the story, and Shooter made 'em change it! mad.gif

Actually they finished it and then Shooter asked for changes. They published the other version (the one in which Jean lives but was essentially lobotomized) as PHOENIX: THE UNTOLD STORY. The book is worth picking up because there is an extensive round table interview session with all of the players (Claremont, Byrne, Shooter). There are even some panels from what would have been 138 if Jean had lived.

Kev

Well I didn't know that - that's cool Kev, thanks! I was in high school when that book came out and must have thought I had better things to do than collect/read comics (not!), so it looks like I missed out. frown.gif

Now who has one for sale??