• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Miller's Sin City

19 posts in this topic

I been googling for a while tonight and I cannot seem to locate any information about original art from Frank Miller's Sin City. Does anyone know a gallary/collector that sells these works or even a gallary/collector that displays them? All I find are posters and prints. Nothing original - not even from the Dark Horse Presents comics. It's weird.

Thanks,

Richard

I think, it is because he sold his OA for Dark Knight Returns. My understanding he is still trying to get those pages back. He probably recognizes that the Sin City pages are on that level. So, he holds on to them.

I'm sorry. I don't mean to be stupid, but why does he never sell OA from Sin City? Other OA from Miller is available (e.g. Daredevil). Is this a practice he maintains for all OA. Starting when?

I can't speak for Miller, but I would assume that he holds the Sin City art because:

A.) it's a creator owned project that he takes great pride in

and

B.) he can afford to. When DD and DKR came out he probably needed the money more than he does now. Why sell the art if you dont have to?

My understand is he got books 1 and 3. The other guy got 2 and 4. He sold some or all of his pages and now, is trying to get some of them back. At least from what I have read in the press.

Interesting. You'd think his Sin City money would go a long way towards funding a buy back.

I'm sorry. I don't mean to be stupid, but why does he never sell OA from Sin City? Other OA from Miller is available (e.g. Daredevil). Is this a practice he maintains for all OA. Starting when?

I can't speak for Miller, but I would assume that he holds the Sin City art because:

A.) it's a creator owned project that he takes great pride in

and

B.) he can afford to. When DD and DKR came out he probably needed the money more than he does now. Why sell the art if you dont have to?

I think that's certainly the reasoning I'd go by.

As I think was discussed before, Miller initially kept his share of DK art (books 1 & 4) but later sold them after the hype had built and at substantially higher prices than Janson had.

Some of the Sin City art that is around was donated to charitable causes and others gifts which were later sold. ie it is not freely available

Joseph

My understand is he got books 1 and 3. The other guy got 2 and 4. He sold some or all of his pages and now, is trying to get some of them back. At least from what I have read in the press.

Interesting. You'd think his Sin City money would go a long way towards funding a buy back.

Sure - but then what's he going to sell to fund buying back the Sin City pages?

Sure - but then what's he going to sell to fund buying back the Sin City pages?

It's really odd to me that two people thought I was referring to the potential sale of Sin City pages when I was in fact talking about the much more lucrative (by probably a factor of ten) and concrete (as in already happened- which is why I referred to it as "his money" meaning money he already has) money Frank made from the Sin City film.

It's really odd to me that two people thought I was referring to the potential sale of Sin City pages when I was in fact talking about the much more lucrative (by probably a factor of ten) and concrete (as in already happened- which is why I referred to it as "his money" meaning money he already has) money Frank made from the Sin City film.

Well, there had been no mention of the movie as of yet - and we do tend to talk about OA around here. wink.gif

Well, there had been no mention of the movie as of yet - and we do tend to talk about OA around here. wink.gif

True enough.

As I think was discussed before, Miller initially kept his share of DK art (books 1 & 4) but later sold them after the hype had built and at substantially higher prices than Janson had.

Some of the Sin City art that is around was donated to charitable causes and others gifts which were later sold. ie it is not freely available

Joseph

Any data on which ones were donated and who purchased them from the charitable organizations? I find this all really interesting. There is some art out there, but its so rare only one example could be found (so far). Joseph says some Sin City art work was donated to charitable causes. So some of it is out there. Right? Whose has it?