• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DD #7 CGC 9.4 white Western Penn on the 'Link

84 posts in this topic

My CGC 8.5 copy cost me $450.

I still not understand why there are only a few DD #7 CGC 9.4 ?

So many pedigrees, and only 3 books in 9.4 confused-smiley-013.gif

It's a piece of chance to have a 8.5

Most of the DD #7 are miscut on the right + the trimming blade was blunt leaving marks on the 2nd right side quarter + Dark cover + 1965 + etc...

Even on this 9.4 you can see the little marks left by the blunt blade !

Most of the DD #7 are miscut on the right + the trimming blade was blunt leaving marks on the 2nd right side quarter + Dark cover + 1965 + etc...

These books also had a problem with the printing rollers wrinking the cover paper. I have seen about 10 hi grade copies and EVERY copy had it....the wrinkle runs across/under the logo. Also they have upper staple issues because of this...many 8.5s look nicer than 8.5 but are downgraded because of a tear in the paper at the top staple. Just a really tough book to find in the 9's and a killer black cover to boot. But i guess you guys already know i haev an affinity for this book. shy.gif

These books also had a problem with the printing rollers wrinking the cover paper.

I confirm, my 8.5 copy have this problem. And to be honest, i don't think that my CGC graded copy is really a 8.5.

Too many spines stress on it. The book is also miscut.

I think on the contrary that CGC is generally most generous when grading this book.

dd0007.jpg

These books also had a problem with the printing rollers wrinking the cover paper.

I confirm, my 8.5 copy have this problem. And to be honest, i don't think that my CGC graded copy is really a 8.5.

Too many spines stress on it. The book is also miscut.

I think on the contrary that CGC is generally most generous when grading this book.

dd0007.jpg

Osborne/r1970d; is the roller mark on this copy the one that seems to slightly crease the entire top of the book about a 1/4 inch from the top??

what are the two crease-like marks above and below Submariner's left had???

and i guess i can make out about 6 spine stesses. it does seem a tad overgraded, but it's till a beauty. a bit surprised that it got this high a grade in the old label.

and i agree, pricing the 9.4 out at more than Issue #1 is quite interesting............... 893whatthe.gif

Not sure what is at the top of this book, but the roller mark happens where the printer creases are by subby's hand on this particular 8.5. The printer's "crease" usually looks like a wrinkle in the paper and almsot always goes across the entire front cover from subby's hand to the spine.

I think that may be why there is a problem with the top staple too.

Roy.

These books also had a problem with the printing rollers wrinking the cover paper. I have seen about 10 hi grade copies and EVERY copy had it....the wrinkle runs across/under the logo. Also they have upper staple issues because of this...many 8.5s look nicer than 8.5 but are downgraded because of a tear in the paper at the top staple. Just a really tough book to find in the 9's and a killer black cover to boot. But i guess you guys already know i haev an affinity for this book. shy.gif

As much as FF 10? poke2.gif

As much as FF 10? poke2.gif

Probably. When this book hit the stands it was hard to find without the creases much less now. I owned this copy when it first appeared along with a bunch of other Marvels. The ff 50 was comparable. Still don't know why I sold it. Doug's asking a lot but it's a tough book. More than a DD #1 in 9.4? Not to me. STill abeauty and i'd love to have it back.

keith