• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DD #7 CGC 9.4 white Western Penn on the 'Link

84 posts in this topic

My CGC 8.5 copy cost me $450.

I still not understand why there are only a few DD #7 CGC 9.4 ?

So many pedigrees, and only 3 books in 9.4 confused-smiley-013.gif

It's a piece of chance to have a 8.5

Most of the DD #7 are miscut on the right + the trimming blade was blunt leaving marks on the 2nd right side quarter + Dark cover + 1965 + etc...

Even on this 9.4 you can see the little marks left by the blunt blade !

These books also had a problem with the printing rollers wrinking the cover paper. I have seen about 10 hi grade copies and EVERY copy had it....the wrinkle runs across/under the logo. Also they have upper staple issues because of this...many 8.5s look nicer than 8.5 but are downgraded because of a tear in the paper at the top staple. Just a really tough book to find in the 9's and a killer black cover to boot. But i guess you guys already know i haev an affinity for this book. shy.gif

As much as FF 10? poke2.gif

No FF's are the worst. but my copy was nice cloud9.gif

My thoughts are that it is a very nice book, listed at an insane price.

Totally agree. An absolutely screwy.gif price to be paying for this book in this condition, especially when there are more than 20 copies of this book in 9.0 or up condition.

This type of price should be reserved for the highest graded copies (of all time), and I strongly doubt that a 9.4 is going to remain the highest graded copy in the long run for a Marvel book published as late as 1965. Whoever buys this book at this price is just waiting to take a big hit. foreheadslap.gif

personally i like the PC copy better, less spine stresses, better colors

Yes, so good that it used to be a 9.2. gossip.gif

Dr: You liked the PC copy so much, you couldn't return it fast enough. devil.gif Was it the chip out the cover right side, or the oily transparency that you didn't like. I seem to remember some pretty deep roller marks on the book also when it was in it's raw state.

When I have held PC copies and W PA copies of the same book side by side, the colors on the W PA's have always been more vibrant. Of course this book could be an exception.

Tom

tom

yeah, the return that will always haunt me! it was really the transfer stain on the BC that killed it for me

ive never seen the WPA dd 7 in person but from the scans the PC colors look stronger and richer

Dr, was the transfer stain one of those that cover most of the center of the book?

Roy.

Dr, was the transfer stain one of those that cover most of the center of the book?

Roy.

The transfer stain affected the entire back cover. It was not the normal center of the cover stain found on most. It was so predominant that the book appeared tan and oily. Compared to the beautiful white PC DC rear covers, it was quite shocking.

As mentioned previously, it was only a 9.2 when it first began it's CGC life.

Tom

Dr: You liked the PC copy so much, you couldn't return it fast enough. devil.gif Was it the chip out the cover right side, or the oily transparency that you didn't like. I seem to remember some pretty deep roller marks on the book also when it was in it's raw state.

When I have held PC copies and W PA copies of the same book side by side, the colors on the W PA's have always been more vibrant. Of course this book could be an exception.

Tom

Is this the same Tom I returned near mint runs of Showcase 34-36 and B&B 34-36 back in the late 80's or early 90's? Still ranks up in my top ten dumbest moves.

keith

Tom

Is this the same Tom I returned near mint runs of Showcase 34-36 and B&B 34-36 back in the late 80's or early 90's? Still ranks up in my top ten dumbest moves.

keith

yep that's him, and he's mentioned that on here before.

keith

Keith, what were you thinking?! That these books weren't sharp enough? screwy.gif

Anyways, rest assured that other than the Showcase 34, all of the books you mentioned have found a happy home. wink.gif

tim post them up pls!

They've all been posted in the 10-cent thread (except for the Showcase 36, which of course is a 12 center, but that's been posted in the "Circles and Boxes" thread). confused-smiley-013.gif