• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone in the market for a collection?

12 posts in this topic

I have to make some room and a collection just came in.

Total collection comprised of around 30 long boxes with 2-3 long boxes being a silver age/bronze age mix.

23-24 of the long boxes are all bagged/boarded and organized. The 2-3 boxes of silver/bronze will be bagged/boarded but unorganized. The majority of this stuff is going to be early modern age and up, and also have slight chunks of silver/bronze in here.

The remaining long boxes will be overflow new stuff that I haven't worked into inventory yet.

This is a bargain and a half if anyone is interested I am asking $2000 and I will pay half the shipping.

PM me call me at 800-978-9696 to ask any questions.

Damn. ARRRRGHHH!!!!! Heck. That don't sound too bad. Too bad, I don't have the duckies. I could do with a collection to look through. frown.gif

It is certainly here. If we were scheduled to appear at the next 2 small shows I would take this in a heart beat and dump the moderns for .50-$1 each.

Just don't have the space or time to keep it so it has to go.

I've been looking to buy a collection for a few weeks now. I've had an add in the local paper and have been keeping my eyes open. This collection falls right in my price range ($2000-4000). I'd be concerned that to many of the keys wouldn't be there after having gone through a dealers hands though. And I'd need those to make my purchase price back ASAP.

Russ, If you want to send me a list of some of the major runs and the issues they include, I might be interested. Obviously if there's a Hulk run and it goes 179, 180, 182, 183....then we won't be able to do business. If you can insure me that the keys haven't been picked then lets talk. PM me.

"Anyone in the market for (the remnants of) a collection?

Hey, we all live in the real world here, and I am not coming down on Comic Supply for doing this, as everyone does.

Or do you really believe that any "collection" bought from a dealer would include any major keys? Dream on buddy. screwy.gif

"Anyone in the market for (the remnants of) a collection?

Hey, we all live in the real world here, and I am not coming down on Comic Supply for doing this, as everyone does.

Or do you really believe that any "collection" bought from a dealer would include any major keys? Dream on buddy. screwy.gif

Comic Supply is a good person, I think, but it would be foolish to think there are a bunch of keys in the collection. It's certainly not a knock against CS and I don't think he was trying to mislead anyone to believe that this was full of huge dollar books

There weren't any good keys in it in the first place. The only one I took out was a waterlogged asm #129 which I sold for a whopping $60.

It is a spotty collection anyways, but it has a lot of subtance that someone going to shows can make some money.

If anyone wants to ever purchase a collection without me pulling anything out you certainly can but generally the price will reflect it.

If it is a complete collection like lets say Hulk #102-200 and the #181 is awesome, I would just pull them all out as I hate that as well.