• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it too early to talk about San Diego Comicon 2006?

246 posts in this topic

Wed. preview night is open to ppl who have 4 day passes. Opens around 5:30 pm to ??. Dealers will be selling right away if their booth is set up. Some dealers don't set up til Thurs. morning b/c they are flying in from the Eastcoast else doing deals/trades all Wed. with other hi-end dealer/retailers.

Preview night is 6-9. Last year was very crowded, and I would say 99% of the dealers were set up. It's well worth your time.

What insufficiently_thoughtful_person would schedule their wedding the same weekend as Comicon? Are there priorities f'ed up, or what? screwy.gif

Oh, they have a life? Well, you should have said that in the first place.

I've already paid for all 4 days, So, Wed/Thur, maybe Friday if I can make the hotel work out. 6-9, thanks for the info.

My wife already called me a insufficiently_thoughtful_person for suggesting I only go to the reception. Fullerton is only two hours from the convention center. angel.gif

Preview night is 6-9. Last year was very crowded, and I would say 99% of the dealers were set up. It's well worth your time.

...is it really worth it?..I wasn't planning to get there till Friday,... confused-smiley-013.gif

If you're not concerned about missing first crack at the books, then don't worry about it. There are no panel discussions that night or anything. But, if you do want first crack, it's important to make preview night.

...it was a last minute trip for me so I was open to be poked,..all the decent hotels have been booked for months,...the Marriott Marina was kind enuff to squeeze me in for $300.00 a night cause I'm a Platinum Rewards member,...but I got a free air ticket with points on United so I guess it all evens out,... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just purchased my airfare for my 14th trip in a row to SD. Damn. $364 this time. It had never been higher than $275 before out of Seatle. Oil I guess. Should be a fun time. For me heading to San Diego is the highlight of my year, each year. And that includes trips to Hawaii, Las Vegas and other fun events. Can't beat ol' SD. yay.gif

I'm kind of worried that with just a little over a month to go, no arrangements have been made for the Forum dinner yet. confused-smiley-013.gif
We'll have it in your hotel room. makepoint.gif

I'm kind of worried that with just a little over a month to go, no arrangements have been made for the Forum dinner yet. confused-smiley-013.gif

If everyone's okay with Taco Bell take-out for the Forum dinner, okay with me.

Only if we get to handle your sweet raw purchases with our grubby hands.

like you have a choice what's on your hands. yeahok.gif

Too many reach arounds

Too many reach arounds
Eeeew! crazy.gif

Too many reach arounds
Eeeew! crazy.gif
gossip.gif

...I don't know about dinner,...but I made sure I got a "smoking room" at the Marriott Marina,... wink.gif...you're all welcome to stop by on your mile trek back to the Hyatt,...