• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it too early to talk about San Diego Comicon 2006?

246 posts in this topic

Went in 2003 and last year. This will be my 3rd. I absolutely love it. One of the highlights of my year. I'm looking forward to the 5 hour drive from Phoenix, the 4* hotel, my exhibitor badge, selling exclusives from my hotel room to use the PayPal money I get to buy comics, meeting writers/artists/celebs and getting autographs, going to seminars, the nighttime events. I could go on and on. Man, 5 more weeks to wait! (Well, 5 more weeks to make more $$ on eBay!) Can't wait to meet everyone. Never met up with board members yet.

Rob, it seems as if you feel the same way as I do. I'm also scrounging up more money for the show through Ebay sales. I love all of it. I get on a San Diego "high" as soon as I get to the convention center. One of the best parts for me is that every year I go with one of my childhood friends and as I said, it is our 14th year. I don't see the guy too much during the year, but when we get to SD, we are like high school kids again. I could tell you stories of all our years of SD adventures at the con, but it would take too long and I type too slow. I used to go to alot of panels, but I am so hyper now that I can hardly sit still and I am just walking constantly all over the floor. When in one of the few panels I attend, I always feel as if I'm missing out downstairs, so I leave early, and walk some more. The people watching for me is usually even more entertaining that listening to the pros speak or watching movie previews.

Too bad the convention doesn't have a talen show one night. We could do a bass & guitar jam. smile.gif I know everything from Zepplin to Metallica.

The Convention has a masquerade... If you guys dressed as KISS or as a Superhero Rock Group, you could play in front of a huge crowd.... tongue.gif

Too bad the convention doesn't have a talen show one night. We could do a bass & guitar jam. smile.gif I know everything from Zepplin to Metallica.

The Convention has a masquerade... If you guys dressed as KISS or as a Superhero Rock Group, you could play in front of a huge crowd.... tongue.gif

That's true Rob, and I betcha' somebody on this forum is a singer, and there has gotta be a drummer here. Do you remember Bill Mumy? From Lost In Space, evil kid on the Twilight Zone, former comic writer, etc..... He was in a band called Seduction Of The Innocent along with other comic pros that used to play somewhere at the SD con every year. I saw them once. Kinda' cool. Bill played guitar, I think a Les Paul. Hey, I could dress up as a mean Gene Simmons..... devil.gif

I was going to suggest Josie and the Pussycats... but then you'd probably win the Masquerade's Top prize... devil.gif

I don't even remember if they played instruments....

I was going to suggest Josie and the Pussycats... but then you'd probably win the Masquerade's Top prize... devil.gif

I don't even remember if they played instruments....

I hope you are not suggesting tough guys like Rob and myself dress up as girls and enter a costume contest. poke2.gif This convention is in San Diego, if it was in Key West instead.... well, we could talk. wink.gif

Yeah, I don't do any costumes. I leave the dressing up for the nerds. Rock gods like BassGMan and myself have to stay cool. I'll play on stage, but only as myself. headbang.gif

How about Bill and Ted then? Wyld Stallion headbang.gifheadbang.gif

I might play as Savage Animal. Did anyone see Super Group this week? Man, is Sebastian Bach a low-IQ annoying little fart!

"Savage Animal! Savage, Animal! Rock is a savage animal. That's the name! Savage Animal!!!"

As we get closer to the show you should send me your want list for Darkchylde. I'd be more than happy to pick up any I can while I'm there. I have an affection for Darkchylde as it's one of the comics that got me back into collecting back in the late 90's. I like bad girl art almost as much as GA good girl art thumbsup2.gif

I like bad girl art almost as much as GA good girl art thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif Cool, I do as well. In fact, good "Bad Girl" sexy covers will be one of my priorities to look for coming up in SD. I don't care about the title or artist, but if it is a nice piece, I'll buy it. Apo, do you care for any of the Armando Huerta Double Impact stuff? In my opinion it is the best "bad girl" stuff out there. Hard to find though, but I always look. Even in a huge con like SD you can barely find any.

As we get closer to the show you should send me your want list for Darkchylde. I'd be more than happy to pick up any I can while I'm there. I have an affection for Darkchylde as it's one of the comics that got me back into collecting back in the late 90's. I like bad girl art almost as much as GA good girl art thumbsup2.gif

my want list is HUGE... I would be happy to send it to you.. the ones I need would probably cost quite a bit...

I can give you a quick list here..

basicly any of the museum or aca editions..

any signed edition with c.o.a from either artifex entertianment or Jimmy Jay and co.

there are several df editions that I am missing but those are a little eaiser to find..

How goes the hunt for a forum dinner spot at the Hyatt?
popcorn.gif

Good news and bad news. We can not get the same room we had last year as the Con is using it for some gaming industry reception. I am negotiating a different room at the hotel. More news to follow next week. I am looking at a price point around $75 which would include appys+ dinner + desert and 2 hr complimentary bar service (cash after that) I hope that works for most everyone.