• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post here if you're coming to WonderCon forum dinner Feb. 11, 2006

72 posts in this topic

At least for this year's restaurant we won't have to try to cross Market Street (and the parade). thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, but it was great to see the parade last year then duck under market to come up on the other side. Helped separate us from the out-of-towners. grin.gif

Hey, who is Torpedo Comics? They have six booths worth of space this year. We're in #137 which is about as bad as it gets, though we are across from Comic Collector Shop, which is always good.

Marc

FYI- chinese new year parade in on saturday night february 11th. gossip.gif

The restaurant this year is Buca Di Beppo, which is on Howard Street between 4th and 5th. Half a block from the convention center. gossip.gif

Dinner is at 8 p.m. We have reservations for 25. yay.gif

Updated list 2/6

=======================

FFB

Elizabeth

jbud73

jimm94

Paris Fred

Marc (House of Comics)

Beth (House of Comics)

CW

CW's employee

garthgantu

Kevin Boyd

Flying Donut

Mrs. Flying Donut

Gemma

Jeffreykli

divad

sborock

thecollector

Shin Kao

povertyrow

Steve (colossus) +2

Hey Scott,

If its not too late can you put me down for three? I'll have my wife and daughter with me and there's a chance that we might leave a little early. Let me know.

-Steve

Sure thing, Steve. You're all set. We have a reservation for 25 right now. If we hit 25 by next Thursday, I'll try to bump it up to 29. Once we get to 30, we have to use a set menu.

I'll be there FFB. Please sign me up for one.

Also, saw this in the Chronicle yesterday:

FRIDAY

Comics 4 Comix

Gahan Wilson, Batton Lash, Bill Morrison and Eric Powell at a silent auction and fundraiser for the Cartoon Art Museum.

8-11pm

$15-$35

Cartoon Art Museum

655 Mission St. SF (415) 227-8666

Thanks,

Tim

Updated list 2/6

=======================

FFB

Elizabeth

jbud73

jimm94

Paris Fred

Marc (House of Comics)

Beth (House of Comics)

CW

CW's employee

garthgantu

Kevin Boyd

Flying Donut

Mrs. Flying Donut

Gemma

Jeffreykli

sborock

thecollector

Shin Kao

povertyrow

Steve (colossus) +2

Wormboy

Scott Schechter

FYI

FRANK MILLER HOSTS "SIN CITY" SCREENING FOR CBLDF @ WONDERCON

by Jonah Weiland, Executive Producer

Posted: February 8, 2006

Official Press Release

Frank Miller, the legendary creator of comics and film, will be on hand to host a benefit screening of his hit film Sin City this Sunday at the Act 1 & 2 Theater in Berkeley. Occurring in conjunction with his appearance at WonderCon, Miller will be on hand to introduce the film, take questions, and reveal some tidbits about the upcoming sequel. This special screening will benefit the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, comics' longest running non-profit organization, chartered to defend the field's First Amendment rights. A reception will be held at Comic Relief of Berkeley immediately following the screening.

An innovator in the comics world, Miller is best known for his edgy stories of unlikely heroes facing down extraordinary odds, including the classic graphic novels The Dark Knight Returns, Sin City, and 300, which is currently in production as a major motion picture. In chronicling the extremes of human behavior, Miller has aroused controversy for his unflinching depictions of violence, making him one of comics' staunchest anti-censorship voices and one of the Fund's strongest advocates.

"I support the Fund wholeheartedly," Miller says. "I love the fact that it exists. The Fund is defending retailers against the politicians and district attorneys who want to take away our rights to make our own decisions about what we read, what we see, and what we think. There's always someone out there who's looking to get elected that decides comics are a good target. The Fund is picking up the banner and facing those people down, and winning a lot of the really important fights. It's my kind of cause."

"I'm really looking forward to doing this screening for the Fund," Miller adds. "I had a ball making the movie, and it's a lot of fun letting the audience in on how we did it. I think this'll be a really fun night!"

Immediately following the screening, Comic Relief, Berkeley's legendary comic bookstore will be hosting a reception where Miller will be in attendance for a short question and answer session. The reception will be free to those presenting ticket stubs from the event and card-carrying CBLDF members. The Comic Relief reception will begin at 9 PM and end at midnight.

Tickets for this special benefit screening are $15, and are available at the theater box office and from the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund's table at WonderCon. The screening will begin at 7 PM.

The Act 1 & 2 is located at 2128 Center Street (just east of Shattuck), Berkeley, CA 94704. Their phone number is 510.464.5980.

Comic Relief is located at 2026 Shattuck Ave, Berkeley, CA 94704. Their phone number is 510.483.5002 and can be found on the web at www.comicrelief.net