• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post here if you're coming to WonderCon forum dinner Feb. 11, 2006

72 posts in this topic

Hey guys, this year's WonderCon SF forum dinner will be held on Saturday night, February 11, 2006, at 8:00 p.m. I need to make a reservation, so please respond ASAP if you plan to attend. We should have a little more room this year than last year because I don't think that Jason Ewert is coming this year. poke2.gif The dinner will be at an Italian restaurant called Buca di Beppo, which is about a block or so from the convention center. The food is good, and while it's not Bob's Steak and Chop House, it's nowhere near as expensive either. Figure on spending somewhere around $30 per person, NOT COUNTING ALCOHOL.

So please confirm that you're coming so that I can get a headcount and firm up the reservation.

If you're interested in joining a smaller group on Friday night at Bob's Steak and Chop House for one of the best steaks you'll ever have in your life, please also let me know. But figure on spending a lot more than $30 per person if you're going to eat there.

Thanks!

I'll be there probably with one of my employees. So CW +1.

Thanks for the hard work FFB.

I'm up for this! Bucca De Beppo is a good place for this, as they've got some large tables and probably a couple of private dining rooms suitable for the bestiary that will attend this fete wink.gif

Will there be CGC representation, or is it board members only this time around? Just wanna know if I need to wear a flak jacket...

You have employees

Just at the shows.

I'm up for this! Bucca De Beppo is a good place for this, as they've got some large tables and probably a couple of private dining rooms suitable for the bestiary that will attend this fete wink.gif

Will there be CGC representation, or is it board members only this time around? Just wanna know if I need to wear a flak jacket...

CGC is always there. Everyone should feel free to talk about what they want, but if anyone is showing up just to make a scene (like I did the first year when I got drunk and ripped into Borock about Wizard First) you might want to stay home. blush.gifsorry.gif It's always a better night and more fun for all if we can keep things upbeat, and frankly, I am tired as can be about all the negativity around here lately.

I'm in for Saturday. Beth is debating. How many wives and girlfriends are coming? Hopefully a good number.

Marc

We usually wind up with at least five women in attendance. Elizabeth always goes to every dinner when I'm there. She has a blast.

like I did the first year when I got drunk and ripped into Borock about Wizard First

Anybody got that on video? poke2.gif

Wish I could make WonderCon, but I'm saving my dough for SD. frown.gif

I am experiencing the con vicariously, though, as it's the backdrop of the current -script that I'm writing. If you bump into a 7-foot alien named Jakk, then you've wandered into my -script. popcorn.gif

Wish I could make WonderCon, but I'm saving my dough for SD. frown.gif

Yeah, same here. I had been planning on going, but then had to reprioritize my spending. You all know how THAT goes. I certainly hope y'all will be in SD though.

I'm in for Saturday. Beth is debating. How many wives and girlfriends are coming? Hopefully a good number.

Marc

We usually wind up with at least five women in attendance. Elizabeth always goes to every dinner when I'm there. She has a blast.

It'll be great to see her again. Are Mrs. 94 and Mrs. Board Grader of the Year coming?