• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spidey #38

17 posts in this topic

The gloss is still real nice on this one I got a couple of clickable thumbnails here so you can see the front and back nice and large. Whaddaya'll say?

It was advertised (Ebay) as a 7.5 VF-

I'd be more inclined to go with a 7.0 F/VF but i'm always curious as to what others think.

asm38front1jn.th.jpg asm38back4pv.th.jpg

Thanks so much.

hm. Do keep in mind that the pictures are bigger than real life, so all those minute ticks are actually much less prominent in real life. As are the spine stresses.

juggle.gif

5.0 on this tops. Aside from lots of spine creasing which becomes apparent on enlargement, below the obvious crease there are a bunch more creases, in fact they run from the obvious crease all the way to the edge.

What lead you to believe this was a 7.0?

Well this was my thinking..

- Beautiful gloss

- Overhang on top can be ignored

- Minor corner blunting

- Small writing on cover can be ignored

- Staples Tight

- Nicely centered

- OW pages

- Hairline crease on cover (LRC)

- Some spine wear

All this led me really to a generous 7.0. Taking a second look though, i might say something closer to a 6.0. The truth is, that although the spine wear and that crease look very prominent in the scan, they are much more subtle on the book itself. That's what i get for having a really good scanner, eh?

makepoint.gif

Then again, that's why i put this book up here. Usually I'm pretty good with deciding the grade for my own books, but this one had be a bit confuddled... confused-smiley-013.gif

In any case, i guess i won't be rushing back to buy from howardcollectiblesgroup any time soon...

What lead you to believe this was a 7.0?

Well this was my thinking..

- Beautiful gloss

- Overhang on top can be ignored

- Minor corner blunting

- Small writing on cover can be ignored

- Staples Tight

- Nicely centered

- OW pages

- Hairline crease on cover (LRC)

- Some spine wear

All this led me really to a generous 7.0. Taking a second look though, i might say something closer to a 6.0. The truth is, that although the spine wear and that crease look very prominent in the scan, they are much more subtle on the book itself. That's what i get for having a really good scanner, eh?

makepoint.gif

Then again, that's why i put this book up here. Usually I'm pretty good with deciding the grade for my own books, but this one had be a bit confuddled... confused-smiley-013.gif

In any case, i guess i won't be rushing back to buy from howardcollectiblesgroup any time soon...

The major problem is that hairline crease is a color-breaking, very long crease... frown.gif

Taking a second look though, i might say something closer to a 6.0. The truth is, that although the spine wear and that crease look very prominent in the scan, they are much more subtle on the book itself.

I don't know . . . what did you pay for it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Less than 6.0 guide?

confused-smiley-013.gif If so, then I think you got a nice solid run copy there 893scratchchin-thumb.gif especially if the PQ is OW or better . . .

I paid $56.77 Canadian including shipping, but it was all paid for with money that was paypalled to me from some profitable ebay auctions. So technically, it was free! Or, at least, some amount of exchange for time and etc.