• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X2 - The Review (non-spoiler)

27 posts in this topic

I was very impressed by the film. I'd give it 4 1/2 out of 5 stars.

Jackman is amazing as Wolverine - he nailed it even better this time around. Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler does a great job. Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan are at the top of their respective games. Iceman and Pyro were terrifically cast. Anna Paquin's Rogue was a non-factor, but hey, she got the spotlight in the first film. Was a little disappointed that Halle Berry's Storm and Famke Janssen's Jean Grey don't quite hit the mark and that Cyclops continues to be under-developed as a character, but the story is entertaining, the atmosphere tense & gritty, and the grand spectacle of it all more than compensates on the whole.

Judging from the audience reaction to the Hulk trailer, I think that one will be a big hit as well (even though the CGI Hulk does look pretty lame). The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen trailer drew a gigantic yawn from the audience - I'm betting that one disappoints at the box office.

Gene

There wasn't a Hulk trailer before my showing which was odd. There was a Matrix Reloaded preview which made the audience get geeked. LXG didn't look too bad and I may plunk down the cash to check it out after all.