• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Power Records-Man I'm getting old!!!!

8 posts in this topic

I was moving some stuff around today in the collection. My 4 1/2 year old was helping me out somewhat, and I had to add PR #31 the Conan ish to my Power Record collection, and she ask me-"Daddy, what's that one, it looks different from the others?", "Well honey, that's one with a 45 record, so you can read along while the stories being told.", "Daddy, what's a 45 record?" Well, I explained it to her, and told her I'd buy a record player, and we would listen to some of them. So, Belks has these old wood cabinent looking ones for $100, so I'm going to pick one up next week, and we will replace story night a few times a month with Power Records night. It should be a trip down memory lane for myself, and a privledge now to enjoy it with one of my own children.

For Christmas my wife got me one of those CROSLEY reproductions of a old 50's record player I had when I was a kid. So recently I been listening to some of these POWER RECORDS that I have. They still sound great, just like they were brand new. Right now I'm listening to one of the 33 1/3 POWER albums which has four different Batman stories. Great stuff! thumbsup2.gif

As for the change to PETER PAN PRODUCTIONS. I have one with the Peter Pan name dated 1974. Strange though is that I have one dated 1975 without the Peter Pan name on it. confused-smiley-013.gif

That's a nice one to come from a LCS, I still need that one, but I've got the Joker ish.."Wild Cards" or something? Let me know which ones you dig up 'Onder, just outta curiosity sake. The hardest one to find in my experince is the Cap n Falc ish, but I'll track it down.