• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bubbagump in the hospital for bypass surgery...

41 posts in this topic

I hope all goes well. My brother, who has suffered from Juvenile Diabetes from the age of 12, had 5 bypasses in July. He seems to be doing well but this is indeed a complicated surgery. So, lets hope Bubbagump recovers quickly.

How old is your brother?

Let's see, 41.

Yeesh. [embarrassing lack of self control] diabetes.

I hope all goes well. My brother, who has suffered from Juvenile Diabetes from the age of 12, had 5 bypasses in July. He seems to be doing well but this is indeed a complicated surgery. So, lets hope Bubbagump recovers quickly.

How old is your brother?

Let's see, 41.

Yeesh. [embarrassing lack of self control] diabetes.

Yep, 893censored-thumb.gif diabetes. He was really started experiencing problems related to his diabetes about 10 years ago. He has had 3 shoulder surgeries, 2 due to staph infections as a result of the first surgery. I believe 2 trigger finger operations. I know he has had at least 3 eye operations. The Heart thing caught us for a loop because a year before he had a treadmill. I remember seeing him after surgery. I didn't know they could stick so many tubes and lines in one person!! That is why I am glad to hear bubbagump is doing better. I hope for his sake this will be the last of the procedures for him.

The scarriest thing about this is that Rick appears to be in decent health. I was with him and Lighthouse this weekend and Rick looked fine, was getting around fine... no warning signs. Obviously he was concerned about the procedure on Monday but he played it off well.

Went by and visited with Rick this evening. He is in good spirits. The procedure is scheduled for 7:30am on Wednesday morning. I passed along the well wishes and he was grateful for the kind words and thoughts. Rick's only been to one forum dinner (San Diego 2004) and has only met about 30 board members in person, but I know it's meant a lot to him to hear from folks here.

His wife will be calling me when his procedure is done, and I will give a little update here.

'House

GREAT NEWS!

I just got off the phone with Rick's wife. Surgery went very well, even better than expected. They wound up only doing a triple. Apparently the 4th artery wasn't significant enough to warrant being done. Surgeons said the heart was in outstanding shape, much better than they normally see (though I doubt they see many under the age of 40).

Rick is in recovery in ICU now. I'll be dropping by to see him once he is up for visitors. Thanks again for the kind thoughts and prayers.

'House

Just wanted to thank everyone for their well wishes. My family and I appreciate it very much.

I am back at home, after being released from the hospital on Sunday afternoon.

Thanks again,

Rick

Welcome back. I'm glad to hear you're on the road to recovery!

flowerred.gif

Best wishes.Don't forget to follow at least SOME of the doctor's orders,so you don't haveta go back.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Although I am changing my diet and will start to excercise, my doctor said that in this case, the blockage was almost entirely due to genetics.

Rick