• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help with, old vs new.

17 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone

1) 2004 Spiderman "Secret War" #1 (1st printing) CGC-10. Almost 400 have been graded and only 5 CGC-10s.

2) 1970 Conan #1 CGC-9.2 (white pgs.)

They are very close in price,, and i would be happy with either one.

Which would you chose ? and why ?

Thank You.

Forget about Secret War, it will be worthless in a couple of years. If not sooner.

By Crom, there is no question which book you should pick.

Look at the 10.0 Modern as a "manufactured collectible" that should be sold on QVC. Its "value" is all in the slab, not the item itself.

The Conan is a time tested book that will be in demand as long as people are collecting comic books.

'Nuff said. grin.gif

Conan.

why? because the other book is a piece of [embarrassing lack of self control]. it might as well be on the shelves at Spencer Gifts

My only concern is the grade of the Conan #1 he is buying. If it were a 9.6 or 9.8, I would say sure. But there are 150 or so in that grade and higher. The Conan has higher trade value and is a key, which makes it a better pick over all. Still, if you get a chance get a higher grade on the Conan.

My only concern is the grade of the Conan #1 he is buying. If it were a 9.6 or 9.8, I would say sure. But there are 150 or so in that grade and higher. The Conan has higher trade value and is a key, which makes it a better pick over all. Still, if you get a chance get a higher grade on the Conan.
You should really read your posts before you hit the 'Continue' button.

Obviously price is a factor in his decision.

A 9.2 Conan #1 goes for about $300.

A 9.6 Conan #1 goes for about $1350.

Gee, I wonder which one is more affordable to him...hm

You should really read your posts before you hit the 'Continue' button.

Obviously price is a factor in his decision.

A 9.2 Conan #1 goes for about $300.

A 9.6 Conan #1 goes for about $1350.

Gee, I wonder which one is more affordable to him...hm

sign-funnypost.gif but very truth Mr. Deathlok.