• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Incredible Hulk 181 VF- no stamp, taking offers

40 posts in this topic

hulk181topleft.jpg

hulk181bottomleft.jpg

hulk181front.jpg

hulk181back.jpg

hulk181nostamp.jpg

Condition: VF-

- 3 very small spine creases on spine

- 1 crease top left (not seen from back of comic)

- small residue on the "H"probably from tape pull about 1mmby1mm in size as seen in first picture

- small amount of colour loss top left corner area front cover

- no marvel stamp

- very slight spine roll

Make me a reasonable offer by PM.

35 bucks

Hi, thanks for the offer, but that is a tad low. I'm looking for offers of atleast $100 and I wouldn't expect any offers past $200.

It is very difficult to determine the FMV of a book like this. Thank you everyone for your interest so far. thumbsup2.gif

edit:

The PMs keep coming in.

I'll make a decision in a day or two. By then I think most people who are interested would have PMed me .. then I'll probably come up with a "buy it now" price based on the offers I have received... first person to pm me then gets it.

however, if before that someone makes an offer i can't refuse... i'll let them have it.

Also if you want more pics, let me know.

Yes, I would consider it an Apparent VF-. Do you guys think I'm grading it fairly based on the pic and description?

Over a year ago I posted this in the grading forum (different pics) and the grades for it that were suggested ranged from 7.0 to 8.0. At the time I didn't know it was missing the stamp.

Yes, I would consider it an Apparent VF-. Do you guys think I'm grading it fairly based on the pic and description?

I think you're a bit optimistic . . . that impact damage to the ULFC probably drops it to FN 6.0, 6.5 at best 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Over a year ago I posted this in the grading forum (different pics) and the grades for it that were suggested ranged from 7.0 to 8.0. At the time I didn't know it was missing the stamp.

I must've been on Holiday . . . 27_laughing.gifhi.gif

I think you're a bit optimistic . . . that impact damage to the ULFC probably drops it to FN 6.0, 6.5 at best 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I must've been on Holiday . . . 27_laughing.gifhi.gif

Holy... I agree with you Divad smile.gif

Ok lets call it 6.5 at best then. I'm not going to argue smile.gif

I think you could get around $150 on ebay for it with relative ease--there is always some wolverine fan that can't afford to pay the crazy prices this book commands so they should jump all over this decent looking copy- stamp or not! Pretty good chance you wil sell it here too!

Ok lets call it 6.5 at best then. I'm not going to argue smile.gif

I think you could get around $150 on ebay for it with relative ease--there is always some wolverine fan that can't afford to pay the crazy prices this book commands so they should jump all over this decent looking copy- stamp or not! Pretty good chance you wil sell it here too!

Missing a MVS is one of the most grievious problems you can have with a comic to Bronze collectors...good luck...

But at least you aren't advertising the comic as "in grade" without the stamp as others have done....

Jim

Highest bid so far is $100.

Just a little history on this book:

I purchased it off ebay back in 1998 as VF. All the damaged was described perfectly... but they neglected to mention that there was no marvel stamp. I paid $140.

I didn't know about stamps back in 1998 when I bought it. Only found out about that last year from reading the boards here. After seven years, there really isn't much I can do. I really just want to break even on this, and move on.

I didn't know about stamps back in 1998 when I bought it. Only found out about that last year from reading the boards here

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Don't worry, you should be able to get your money back by going the eBay route. You'll find plenty of potential buyers there who are willing to overlook the missing stamp to get their hands on an affordable copy.

I may be going out on a limb here, but I believe that most collectors on this board (like me) totally avoid incomplete books unless they are rare or dirt cheap.

Best of luck! thumbsup2.gif