• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bryce Dallas Howard to play Gwen Stacy in Spider-Man 3

49 posts in this topic

The Grading Bastiche says .....8.5. You know, she is going to look like Opie when she gets a little older!!!!

"Going to"... ? She looks like Opie in drag right now. Besides, she looks like a total psycho. If she showed up at my house I wouldn't slab her, I'd stab her with a knife.

Have you seen "The Village"? She was both attractive and appealing in that.

I think someone goofed here in this news story...

this girl looks more like a replacement for MJ.

I know, I know they are supposively going to dye her hair

but usually blondes don't have the red haired girls known fair skinned features

(which I know they can cover that up with make-up too)...

Next think you know t she will have a craspy voice that will be

edited my a sweet girly voice actress too.

Just get a freakin' Blonde girl for pete sake!!!

In hollywood don't these girls grow on F'n trees!

confused-smiley-013.gif

gwenstacy.jpg

Can anyone use a program to change her hair to see what see would look like blond? I know we have some talented people around here.

Not a great pic, but it'll give you an idea. She's certainly got the big eyes thing going on...

bdh.jpg

It could have been a lot worse. Think about the fanboy rage if you saw the headline "Jessica Simpson to play Gwen Stacy!" Bryce was all right in The Village. She could pull it off.

The first Spidey movie was like ASM #121 with Mary Jane in place of Gwen but with a happy ending, so perhaps we'll get something closer to the comics this time. Still, with 2 new villains AND a new Green Goblin mixed with a love triangle, I just hope too many cooks don't spoil the broth (a la Batman and Robin).

I have faith that Raimi seems to know what he's doing (except for that goofy Goblin costume. I still think it looks like a Power Ranger villain).

So who decided this was OK. It totally doesn't go with the storyline If they were going to do this then she should have been in the 1st movie and died then. So much for staying true to the story.

yes, let's question raimi's judgement. he's failed us miserably the first two outings. (sarcasm alert)

Exactly. There is a huge benefit to not following the stories exactly -- those of us who have read them all won't have the movie spoiled for us before it even comes out!

Raimi has done a great job staying true to the characters and the spirit of the Spider-Man books. It does not bother me one bit that he has taken liberties with the plots from the comic books.

Don't forget, too, that as important as she was in the Spider-Man mythos Gwen was really only around for ten years or so before she died. MJ has been around for about 40 years now and I'd bet is much more closely associated by the general public (and heck, most comic fans under 40) as Spider-Man's girlfriend/wife. It was actually a very smart decision by the filmmakers to use MJ as they did in the first two films rather than Gwen - though it's obviously the sort of thing that tweaks fanboys and continuity freaks.

So who decided this was OK. It totally doesn't go with the storyline If they were going to do this then she should have been in the 1st movie and died then. So much for staying true to the story.
Well technically Peter Parker would have invented a web sprayer and run out of webbing at crucial times. Unless you are talking about some Ultimate thingy where they've rewritten the classic story.

I don't read rewrites.

And he would have fought the Chameleon by now plus the vulture. I seperate the movies from the comic.

To me the movies are to get the attention of people that don't read comics.

She's a knockout. I like the fact that they've chosen more "natural" looking girls to work in the SM movies. I didn't at first (and thought Charlize Theron should have been MJ), but it works a lot better if you have girls that look at least borderline like someone you could meet in real life (ie NOT Pam Anderson).

With MJ and Gwen Stacy, it's ALL about the personality infused into them by Stan, if Sam Raimi can get Gwen out of this girl the way he's gotten MJ out of Kirsten Dunst everything will be fine.

Oh, and about the linearity of the story (if such a word exists) - we need to let go of that need. How many of us here have read the history of Spider-Man ONLY in order, and since the beginning? I'd wager no one. So many great stories, and they're great because you can read them in pretty much any order and they don't lose their emotional content. Raimi has only impressed us so far - my only concern with Spider-Man 3 is that Danny Elfman has apparently decided not to score the film.

man, i don't think she's attractive at all. that being said, i'll defer to Mr. Raimi

Normally I don't do the "bag on the hot hollywood people" thing, but I kinda have to agree. She isn't bad, and she has amazing eyes, but if I saw her walking down the street I wouldn't need to pick my jaw up off the ground or anything. confused-smiley-013.gif