• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uncanny X

24 posts in this topic

yeah, someone is still reading this garbage....

I noticed next month's cover was drawn by Yu (I think)......

Does this mean that Crahpolo's (Bachalo) run is over??!! yay.gif

Claremont's stories are hard enough to get through nowadays, without the added confusion of Bachalo's 'art' (and I do use the term loosely)

I know he has a big following (even here, for some ungodly reason) but he's (IMO) absolutely the worst artist getting regular mainstream work today. I'd rather see JRJR!!

I miss the days when this was the first book I wanted to read when I got home from the store..... frustrated.gif

Brubaker will be doing Uncanny, Daredevil, and Captain. That's not too big a load.

I for one will be in on this. Love Brubaker. And for the record, I love Bachalo's art, too. But I think someone else is taking over for a 3-issue arc, and Bach will be back again after that.

Brubaker will be doing Uncanny, Daredevil, and Captain. That's not too big a load.

That's less than a -script a week. That's not bad at all.

Of course, I'm also assuming he'll do some fill-in work or minis. So even if he's up to 5 a month, I don't think that's too bad. I think a lot of writers have the plot outline in their heads for a long run of any book, so they just flesh it out as the time comes closer to publication.

It looks like Billy Tan is the fill in penciler before Bachalo returns to Uncanny. I like Bachalo but I can't help wondering when he will be off the book. I think his stuff is easier to comprehend since Steampunk. Over on the other X-Men title we have fill ins by Roger Cruz while Salvador Larroca is working on....who knows??

What are the chances we are going to see a Joe Madureira return to UXM since he is back with Marvel Comics? I would like that.

RTBrandy, I am guessing you have been collecting UXM for a long time and are having a hard time dropping the title even though you cannot stomach Chris Bachalo's art. I had a hard time with Sean Phillip's stuff around the 400s and Ron Garney's stuff around that time was not so appealing to me.

I will stick it out as well as I am a long time completionist collector of Uncanny. But I think 500 might be the death knell for me.

They will bring Phoenix back

It will be someone else's turn to die - for a few years anyway.

It will be lame how they do it (kill outgoing char off).

A new Creative team will take over

They will go in a new direction

And the book will still be mediocre at best.

Yep can't wait for 500 - anniversary, final issue in my run, box em up and remember the good ole' days say 108 - somewhere in the 250s.

Yep can't wait for 500 - anniversary, final issue in my run, box em up and remember the good ole' days say 108 - somewhere in the 250s.

Sad but true. I was just thinking the same thing last night after reading the three latest issues. #500 will be it for me as well. I'll just have to read the Masterworks every few years to get my fix. frown.gif

I will stick it out as well as I am a long time completionist collector of Uncanny. But I think 500 might be the death knell for me.

They will bring Phoenix back

It will be someone else's turn to die - for a few years anyway.

It will be lame how they do it (kill outgoing char off).

A new Creative team will take over

They will go in a new direction

And the book will still be mediocre at best.

there will be countless variant/foil/sketch covers

Sad but true. I was just thinking the same thing last night after reading the three latest issues. #500 will be it for me as well. I'll just have to read the Masterworks every few years to get my fix. frown.gif

I will say one thing though - anybody can have any run they want, for my money head to head nothing will ever come close to X-Men 94 to 268 cloud9.gifcloud9.gif

er, 3000 yay.gif

RTBrandy, I am guessing you have been collecting UXM for a long time and are having a hard time dropping the title even though you cannot stomach Chris Bachalo's art. I had a hard time with Sean Phillip's stuff around the 400s and Ron Garney's stuff around that time was not so appealing to me.

you're correct...since issue 172 (first one pulled on a list for me)

I LOVED the days when a byrne/claremont book was something to get excited about...and look forward to. even JRJR was ok back then....

but this new stuff, I'm sorry to say it, but Claremont needs to leave the X world for good.....maybe some guest runs every couple of years....

some books do well with gimmicky art....DD for example, I think Maleev fits in great there, Fell, that kind of stuff...

I think X-Men should be clear and obvious. Silvestri, Jim Lee, Leinil Yu, just my .02

perhaps it sounds too harsh...

interpretive....?? I'm no art major, but Maleev's work exudes a noir quality (in my mind) that fits in well with Bendis's story on DD....

didn't mean it as an insult

I agree with Claremont out.

I've always believed that Marvel's best talent should be on X-men and Spider-man. The company's core books should have core talent. Anymore, they occassionally do, but believe that they are good enough to withstand any creative team.

Pat

I have almost a complete run from GS and 94 on up...I gave up this year on BOTH titles...after reading Morrison's run it just wasn't any fun anymore and I started to not care. I will still finish my run, but look at .50 boxes to finish it up.

That said...

I will buy the Brubaker issues without hesitation!!!!