• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Silver Surfer 1...

27 posts in this topic

The third and last of my big eBay gambles (the HOS 92 and GL 76 being the other two). This one had a small blurry scan, and I paid about $100 for it. I think I did pretty well. This copy has light edge wear on the right side, a couple of spine tics, and some wear to both lower corners. There are also some production ink smears around the "V" in "Silver" and through the "Big Premiere", nothing too bad though. Nice back cover, no flaws. Exceptionally bright, rich colors on this one.

SSurfer1.jpg

SSurfer1bk.jpg

I am bored. I am probably too harsh on that book but the first thing I look at is, the "Wow, this could be new vibe." If it doesn't give me that, I put it in the 9.0 and lower category. Then I looks at your description. It has enough defects to drop it from 9.0 to 7.5. So there you go. The Grading Bastiche's secret to grading. And yeah, Overstreet Be Damned!!!

fist.gif

You b@stard! You always get a good deal.

Almost always. Now go answer my PM. sumo.gif

I did. sumo.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

So did you have to use up the last of your favors with "Mad Pete" Trello to swing this one? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah. He owed me big after I took care of that business with the guy who did that thing to you know who. You remember that thing we took care of up around that place?

I was talking to a fellow collector today and he got back his CGC grade SS #1...we both thought it was a 8.5...came back 7.5. Grading thick books is still kinda tough for me.

For what it's worth, your book is in a similar condition, so I'm going for 7.5.

Nice one.

So did you have to use up the last of your favors with "Mad Pete" Trello to swing this one? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah. He owed me big after I took care of that business with the guy who did that thing to you know who. You remember that thing we took care of up around that place?

Oh that thing. Yeah, sure. I remember. Atleast until it's no longer in my best interests to remember. wink.gif