• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Spangled War Stories

11 posts in this topic

Where is this LCS?!?! Ohio isn't THAT far from Chicago. insane.gif

Can't tell you. I'm afraid every Tom and Joe will start shopping there. Somehow this rinky dink of a shop gets nice small high grade collections in about every 3 months. About a 2 dozen issues or so. I shop there because of that and I get 20% off on moderns and he bags, boards and tapes them for me. Plus he is a fun guy to talk to. The place is a little overcrowed with stuff.

I have 5 stores in a half hour range and all the other stores are much bigger but I have never been able to get the deals like I get at this rinky dink place. The guy doesn't advertise or nothing and grades dang tough. He graded these at vg/fine which is crazy but he wants the customers to be happy and that is why his place is crowded on Wednesday.

Where is this LCS?!?! Ohio isn't THAT far from Chicago. insane.gif

Can't tell you. I'm afraid every Tom and Joe will start shopping there. Somehow this rinky dink of a shop gets nice small high grade collections in about every 3 months. About a 2 dozen issues or so. I shop there because of that and I get 20% off on moderns and he bags, boards and tapes them for me. Plus he is a fun guy to talk to. The place is a little overcrowed with stuff.

I have 5 stores in a half hour range and all the other stores are much bigger but I have never been able to get the deals like I get at this rinky dink place. The guy doesn't advertise or nothing and grades dang tough. He graded these at vg/fine which is crazy but he wants the customers to be happy and that is why his place is crowded on Wednesday.

You are a lucky guy. I have like 20 shops within driving distance and the only really good one for back issues is Chicago Comics and that's hit or miss (lately miss).

9.2-9.4 the lower right corner isnt sharp and if you could scan close up's around the staple area...i collect bronze dc war books and the 52 pager's are tough in HG...also bear in mind cgc seems to be a bit harsher if its a dc in front of them(feel free to rip on me marvel freaks) very nice book though

Am I missing something, or is this one of those Bronze Age things I don't get? As far as my comic memory goes, that's not a key is it?

That book is not a key, but I think it does recount some of the Unknown Soldier's origin.

Any DC war 52 pager in that shape for under $10 is a STEAL! If you see a copy of GI Combat #141 in that shape there (ie, strict 9.2 - 9.4, ow/w to white) pick it up for me, and I'll HAPPILY pay you double current guide.

Shep