• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rarest comic magazines?

16 posts in this topic

Blazing Combat #1 is a super tough book in any grade. Anything FN or better is truly a find.

They do pop up ebay, but usually no better than VG.

Why? The reasons are low-printing and general popularity of the book. Of course, the black cover makes high grade next to impossible.

Shep

How about Brother Billy, The Pain From Plains?

That's a pretty rare magazine, isn't it? It's listed as either scarce or rare in Overstreet. I've only ever seen one copy and that's the one I own.

Mike Browning

It may be scarce I wouldn't say rare though. I've seen my share of copies, though it definitely is not common.

Want to talk about a Rare Magazine, any one here seen that Hitler Magazine put out by Curtis/Marvel, with the bright red cover around 1974/1975? Can't imagine that too many of those sold...

Once I get through my books, I'll have to take a picture of it. That is one tough book to get. I would consider it the Rarest Marvel /Curtis Magazine by far, and tougher to get than the Gothic Romances...though maybe not as desirable... insane.gif

-bounty

How about Brother Billy, The Pain From Plains?

That's a pretty rare magazine, isn't it? It's listed as either scarce or rare in Overstreet. I've only ever seen one copy and that's the one I own.

Mike Browning

It may be scarce I wouldn't say rare though. I've seen my share of copies, though it definitely is not common.

Want to talk about a Rare Magazine, any one here seen that Hitler Magazine put out by Curtis/Marvel, with the bright red cover around 1974/1975? Can't imagine that too many of those sold...

Once I get through my books, I'll have to take a picture of it. That is one tough book to get. I would consider it the Rarest Marvel /Curtis Magazine by far, and tougher to get than the Gothic Romances...though maybe not as desirable... insane.gif

-bounty

Marvel/Curtis put out Gothic Tales of Love. Gothic Romances was Seaboard. poke2.gif

I've seen 2 of the Hitler magazine on eBay lately. I wouldn't say it's rare, just not 'out there' in terms of collectors knowing what it is.

It's all relative eh?...I've seen FAR less of the Hitler Mags than the Brother Billy from the Plains. So in regards to that, if Overstreet has Brother Billy listed as Scarce, then that placed the Hitler book at least there.

I've actually only seen 2 copies of the Hitler book over the last 4-5 years. So it's interesting that you've seen a few lately.

Either way, it's generally not too easy to get.

-bounty