• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Journey Into Mystery #83 Worth Resotration?

13 posts in this topic

I have a copy of Journey into Mystery #83 in terrible condition, the comic is missing both front and back covers, and the new front cover (first page) is falling apart and no longer connected to the book. Most of the other pages are in decent condition, would this be worth getting restored, or is it too far gone?

JIM83F.JPG

JIM83B.JPG

I'd actually pay for it. And by pay for it...yes, I would spend actual U.S. currency on it that is not counterfeit or anything. yay.gif

I have a CGC 3.0 copy, and I'd like to have a beat reader copy outside of the slabbed one. Is it for sale?

Could you just scan every page so we can finish reading it? 27_laughing.gif

David - that's pretty funny as i was totally intrigued by the wee bit of story shown on the splash page. as i recall the early Thor's eren't the greatest reads and the whole Dr Donald Blake thing seemed kind of hit or miss............... confused.gif

and welcome and happy birthday to our newbie!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

i have to concur that restoring any Silver Age book is Iffy and one without a cover will require a married cover in addition to possibly replacing that first wrap. as was already stated, you could probably get a decent copy for the same money................... frown.gif

Could you just scan every page so we can finish reading it? 27_laughing.gif

David - that's pretty funny as i was totally intrigued by the wee bit of story shown on the splash page. as i recall the early Thor's eren't the greatest reads and the whole Dr Donald Blake thing seemed kind of hit or miss............... confused.gif

and welcome and happy birthday to our newbie!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

i have to concur that restoring any Silver Age book is Iffy and one without a cover will require a married cover in addition to possibly replacing that first wrap. as was already stated, you could probably get a decent copy for the same money................... frown.gif

Out of all of the SA books, I actually find JIM's to better the better ones. FF, X-men and DD are all pretty...ew, to read sometimes. TTA's, JIM's and TOS's I find to be the best to read from SA.