• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Cover????

65 posts in this topic

ASM #50 hands down. I'm an original X-Men guy as well and have never understood the fascination with that cover as well as a lot of the later covers. Neal Adams, wonderful artist, but I would rather see his rendition of Juggernaut then Sauron.

Jim

hm. I guess I'm the only one to like the X-men #50 cover better. I've never been fond of the Spidey #50 cover.

I would have to second you on this one. The Spidey is a true classic, but I will have to go with the Steranko cover. I have always loved the 50 and it is on my short list of books to buy in 9.4 in '06. Something about Polaris and the green/yellow glow of the cover that i've always loved.

Scott

hm. I guess I'm the only one to like the X-men #50 cover better. I've never been fond of the Spidey #50 cover.

I would have to second you on this one. The Spidey is a true classic, but I will have to go with the Steranko cover. I have always loved the 50 and it is on my short list of books to buy in 9.4 in '06. Something about Polaris and the green/yellow glow of the cover that i've always loved.

Scott

me three.

personally, i think it's Steranko's best cover for any title.

i wouldn't put the ASM 50 in my top five SA covers.

subjective taste in cover appeal rules!

cloud9.gif

X-Men 50 beats ASM 50 - but ASM 69 beats them both. The real question in my mind is this: does SIlver Surfer 4 beat ASM 69?

The subject matter plays a huge part here, not just the asthetic appeal. There is no doubt that ASM #50 is the more iconic cover. Period.