• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WOW!!!!

32 posts in this topic

Long ago, before I knew of these boards, I bid on several of his auctions...one was an Avengers Annual 10 in "NM/MT 10.0 GEM MINT" that actually had a big scan and indeed looked very nice...I was winning with a .99 cents bid and just a few minutes to go(this was the middle of the night when many of his auctions end) when suddenly he cancelled my bid! I was amazed...the official ebay reason was "unable to contact bidder"...which of course was a total lie as I was sitting right there and heard nothing from him. I was totally pi$$ed that he clearly cancelled my bid to avoid selling it to me for .99 cents and told him so in an email...no response of course. But a few days later he had a bunch more nice-looking books with super-low bids and I couldn't resist, so I won a few. About 2 months later they finally arrived...unbagged and loose in a box...and were all overgraded by 1 to 2 full grades. Still they were cheap so I didn't care, but that was the last time I dealt with that .

Looks like our old friend Luxxcorp got burned by him as well. Maybe if he'd read the boards more instead of just posting insane ramblings and starting threads about Charltons he would have avoided him. confused-smiley-013.gif