• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sid's Luncheonette Marvels are coming to Javits

24 posts in this topic

this is just a heads up for anyone who might be interested.

i'll be consigning between 65 - 80 Marvels from my OO collection to TVComics for selling at the NY ComicCon the weekend of Feb 24th.

all books were purchased at Sid's by me personally over 40 years ago.

all books have been graded by CGC.

grades will vary from 9.4 down to 7.5 or so (depending on how many i bring).

all books will have at least OW pages and surprisingly good QP despite the fact that i didn't cherry pick them.

NO books have had any work of any kind performed on them.

all books will come with the Sid's COA created by RedHook.

All Marvel titles available on the stands between 1961 and 1965 will be represented.

27 of the first 34 issues of Fantastic Four and 17 of the first 30 issues of Journey into Mystery will be among the collection.

a complete list with grades and PQ will be released on this Forum in the next few days. (prices to follow later.........)

Every book will be available for viewing via "Heritage-sized" scans on the TVComics website for 2-3 weeks before the Convention.

No books will be sold prior to the convention., so as to give all interested parties a chance.

there are some "killer" books and there are some "key" books and then there are some regular mid-grades as well.................wish me luck...........Harry.

and, NO, i'm not getting out of the hobby - i have far too many books still left after these go.....................

It is unfortunate that so many will miss out on the oppurtunity to purchase your books if all deals are consummated at the show itself.It almost seems that you would realize a better profit if you did some sort of live auction from the show.I guess then you'd have to deal with mailings and non paying bidders.I hope things don't get too chaotic with pushing and shoving and whatnot.I remember trading a Police Comics #8 to a dealer friend who took it to Tyson's Corner where 2 interested parties ripped the cover trying to wrest it from each other insane.gif.You might want to spring for a little security just to be on the safe side.I do wish you the best of luck on your endeaver,I sure wish I could be there.It sounds like it's going to be a real event.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

That's very kind of you.If you're serious,I would DEFINITELY take you up on that.I've come to feel like I know you folks on the boards and I would like to get one of Harry's books for sentimental reasons.I probably won't be able to get anything like his FF 18 because the date is so close for me to raise the money.I'd probably be happy to get an 8.0 or an 8.5 FF or JIM.Thank's again.Hope you're having a good night and GOD BLESS...

Yes, i am willing to help out. When the price list is released, PM me and we will work something out. I would rather not be fronting a ton of money for these books, so you would have to figure out the max you are willing to pay and arrange to paypal me or whatever, unless you could secure something in advance. If it's a cheap book, I'm willing to front it, but I can't risk getting stuck with any of these books, and I don't want to be fronting thousands here either.

That's a bet.I would send you a postal money order if you'd like,made out to whomever.If something changed and the item was not available,a refund would be fine.This is very cool of you.GOD BLESS...

p.s. The post where you tried to talk captains of industry out of becoming a lawyer is a classic.We humans always think the other guy has it made.

Red; being that they are mostly popular titled HG Marvels, i expect a bit more activity than on my HG DC's at the Big Apple last November, but nothing too exciting.................

the question raised by many about how not to get shutout if they can't be in NYC is something i will raise with Byron (TVComics). i think the proxy buyer idea can work as there will be numerous board members at the con and an interested party could simply paypal the asking price to another member, who could make the purchase in person.

i remember doing something similar (a sketch) for another board member in NYC a couple of years ago. it worked out fine.

and maybe we'll even let boardmembers commit via phone after the show opens????

I'll be shopping for press/resub candidates. Those lowly 8.5 and 9.0 books will be my gravy train, I just know it!!

tonofbricks.gif

(okay, not really, jk) insane.gifshy.gifsorry.gif

don't think the thought hasn't frequently crossed my mind............... devil.gif

maybe i'm just too lazy or wouldn't want to wait the time required to go through the whole process, or don't trust my judgement on which books to consider, or...........

all i can say is that every book coming to the Javits that sells, will become the property of only the second owner and only CGC graders have touched them besides me in the last 40+ years.................. thumbsup2.gif

and did i mention the uniformly deep color strike, great PQ, high gloss and surprisingly excellent QP?? 27_laughing.gifgrin.gif

Out of curiousity, will the Sgt Fury 13 be there ? =)

Yup, Sgt Fury #13 (guest starring Cap and Bucky) will be there in it's 9.0 glory. you need to check out the big scan on TVComics next week................... grin.gif

My two Sid's Luncheonette Avengers survived the purge. They're not going anywhere!

avengers09harry.jpg

I can't find the scan of the #10 but when I do I'll post it. Best darn looking 9.0's I've ever seen.

Red