• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are You a Character, All Round or Genre Collector ??

35 posts in this topic

All-Round here. I'm a completist and strive to finish runs in the best grades I can afford (tends to be around VG-F). Most of my comics are superheroes, but not all - GI Joe is a notable exception.

same here except i don't collect GI Joe

I'm an Astonishing Tales #25 collector. cloud9.gif

I really wish I could be that focused. There's just too many cool comics competing for my collecting dollars. frown.gif

Yeah I suffer from the same problem. I have GA, SA, BA, CA, and modern books. I have horror, romance, humor, superhero, western, and war comics. I have low grade copies all the way up to 9.9 slabs. I colelct whole runs of titles and I colelct single issues.

(E) All Of The Above

Seriously, It depends on my mood. I have been heavily character-oriented in the past (X-Men & Dr. Strange to name a few) but have recently been buying runs by certain writers or artists rather than characters. Since I buy books to read rather than as an investment this usually give me more bang for my buck -- even great characters have had some pretty terrible runs. I also like to pick up funny/obscure/interesting books if the price is right.

Late Silver and Bronze

horror/sci fi 95%, western 5%

dc and to a lesser extent marvels

Essentially a genre collector on a title by title basis (there are some horror titles I don't collect). Based on my budget that's too broad so lately I'm focussing on wraping up one or two specific titles that are low hanging fruit (5 or fewer issues to complete).

Once these have been completed I will then turn to be a collector by artist, and go back and collect those missing Neal Adams / Wrightson issues. I've also been paying special attention to Jim Aparo lately. Deep down inside I also want to collect war books because I love the stories and really love those Kubert covers. Too much I like so something's gotta give... frown.gif

So, I like tons of stuff (I used to have 25% of ASM CGC'd) but I have to keep focus.

Sterling

All around.

Modern subscriptions are about 100 books a month.

Specialize in late 60's to early 80's. (DC 100, 52, 48 Pagers; Marvel Giant-Size, Marvel & DC Horror, Team-Up books - Marvel 2 in 1, Team-Up, Brave and Bold

Heavy into Jim Aparo, Neal Adams, John & Sal Buscema, Michael Kaluta, Bernie Wrightson, Gil Kane, John Romita, John Byrne, and George Perez.

I think that covers it. thumbsup2.gif

I am all over the place....no direction haha. I enjoy Archie titles(older), Usagi Yojimbo, Bone, Conan, Tomb of dracula, Spiderman, Avengers, War titles, Disney titles.....any super hero 1st app or important issue.