• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ross Andru ASM #150 question?

6 posts in this topic

Might not be the right forum, but I figure you guys would know. Andru didn't do any work on ASM #150 (right in the middle of his run). Did Marvel not "trust" him with their "milestone" issue and put Kane and Romita back on it? Was Andru sick or ailing? Or was there something else going on?

Jim

We see that a lot in comics from the 70s don't we? Deadlines caused a lot of strange things sometimes and artists could get behind. Or maybe he worked on some sort of special one-shot and needed a one-issue skip?

Look at the skips in Smith art in Conan 1-24. Some Kane in there, plus one issue is just a reprint of #1 which came out only about two years earlier.

Marc

We see that a lot in comics from the 70s don't we? Deadlines caused a lot of strange things sometimes and artists could get behind. Or maybe he worked on some sort of special one-shot and needed a one-issue skip?

Look at the skips in Smith art in Conan 1-24. Some Kane in there, plus one issue is just a reprint of #1 which came out only about two years earlier.

Marc

Not just the 70's either, it has been happening pretty consistently (at least at Marvel) since original bullpen started to break up in the late 1960's.

Can you give me some examples of some fill-in issues from the 1980s? I'd love to have my memory jogged a bit. For some reason I can think of multiple times in the 1970s.

Marc

It happend quite a bit, especially on titles like Amazing Spider-Man and Uncanny X-Men.

When the likes of Todd McFarlane, John Romita Jr, Marc Silvestri et al were on these titles you would quite often get an infuriating fill in title by someone like Rick Leonardi or Al Milgroom. foreheadslap.gif