• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is the Strongest person in the DCU?

52 posts in this topic

If you're talking about the DC versus Marvel crossover then it was The Hulk vs Superman, Superman won... and Batman vs Captain America, Batman won but it was a cheap win. It was Spider-man vs Superboy. I don't remember who one that one but I be it was Spidey. I think the best fight in the series was Thor vs Captain Marvel. Thor won that one. Oh, and Wolverine and Gambit stole the Batmobile which was pretty funny.

Okay, since I'm a big fan of the character, what about Green Lantern? Hal Jordan or Kyle Rayner possibly, just because Alan Scott has that weakness against wood and Guy Gardner is too hot headed. I'd say Kyle Rayner pre-Rebirth where his ring didn't have the problem with yellow. With that ring you can do anything you can imagine and had the will to create. DC always calls the GL rings "the most powerful weapon in the universe".

GL is way up on the powerscale. Based on Rebirth events, Hal is the strongest of them all.

I still don't think he would stand a chance against the current (AS) Superman. He's just too powerful. The Kryptonite ray had no effect on him at all.

I'd say Kyle Rayner pre-Rebirth where his ring didn't have the problem with yellow.

Only the newbies in the corps have a problem with the Parallax Effect(Yellow). Kyle, Hal, Guy and the older GL's can make their rings work on yellow now. I'd give the nod to Hal(experience) or Guy(nastiness). Kyle is too "artistic".

Spectre pretty much trashed every Magic Character recently. Had he gone medievel on Supes, it wouldn't be pretty. Of course there is the Quintessance which Phantom Stranger is a part of(More like a messager). He got smacked around real bad. So, since Spectre Killed the Wizard Shazam(another member of the Quintessance!) one can infer that he could pretty much destroy anyone he wanted except the Word!!! But like playoff football games, just because you can trash a team one day, doesn't mean you can trash them the others. So, you get right back to Superman or Captain Marvel. Since, Superman pretty much made DC, he is the most powerful. Which is sick and wrong.

"strongest" being defined as the guy (or girl) who can pick up the most...Supes.

"stronges" being the guy most likely to win in a no holds barred fight...that depends entirely on the way you want the thing to end.

i think we can all agree that Elongated Man wouldn't be at the top of anyone's list

No one has done any weight tests on Captain Marvel. So, I believe the picking up the most thing is up for grabs. Also, The New Supergirl potentially is stronger than Supes. But that is not fact yet. I still say it is up in the air except DC will never say Captain Marvel is stronger. DC didn't originally create him. But he is mightier than Supes. grin.gif

"strongest" being defined as the guy (or girl) who can pick up the most...Supes.

"stronges" being the guy most likely to win in a no holds barred fight...that depends entirely on the way you want the thing to end.

i think we can all agree that Elongated Man wouldn't be at the top of anyone's list

Enlongated man... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif hed be at the top of my list

I'd say Kyle Rayner pre-Rebirth where his ring didn't have the problem with yellow.

Only the newbies in the corps have a problem with the Parallax Effect(Yellow). Kyle, Hal, Guy and the older GL's can make their rings work on yellow now. I'd give the nod to Hal(experience) or Guy(nastiness). Kyle is too "artistic".

My understanding was that Parallax was basically a demon of fear and was trying to bring fear to pretty much everyone. Now the old GLs had to now learn how to have fear and work their way pass it rather than being "fearless" as was originally required to be a GL. As far as physical strength I'd have to hand it to Supes or the Captain, but for over all devestating power I give it to GL. I'm leaving out the Spectre and any of characters that are closer to physical manifestations of ideas than humans/mortals/aliens. I mean, if you take those into account in the MU, then the most powerful character would be Eternity since he is the embodiment of everything. I don't know if he has a DCU equivalent, but if he does then he/she would be the most powerful being I guess.

My understanding was that Parallax was basically a demon of fear and was trying to bring fear to pretty much everyone. Now the old GLs had to now learn how to have fear and work their way pass it rather than being "fearless" as was originally required to be a GL.

Fear being represented by Yellow.

I think you guys are forgetting about The Spectre. He is more powerful than Superman. If you need proof there was a DC presents story where Superman was whaling on Spectre because he needed to find Supergirl. The Spectre just stood there as Superman pounded him. Not even a flinch.

Also if you read the Emperpor Joker storyline. Mxyzptlk is even more powerful than anyone had ever imagined.

My understanding was that Parallax was basically a demon of fear and was trying to bring fear to pretty much everyone. Now the old GLs had to now learn how to have fear and work their way pass it rather than being "fearless" as was originally required to be a GL.

Fear being represented by Yellow.

True, but check out GL #7-#8. Hal goes up against the son of Mongul and tells him "Maybe you haven't heard, My ring doesn't have a problem with yellow." Also check out GL Corps:Recharged #4 when Kyle and company come back to Oa and the new GL's are having problems with the yellow ships but not the veterans. Again, yellow does represent the color of fear, but now its something they can work thru rather than it stopping them cold as in the past. The new recruits aren't confident enough to work thru their fears so yellow still works on them.

I think you guys are forgetting about The Spectre. He is more powerful than Superman. If you need proof there was a DC presents story where Superman was whaling on Spectre because he needed to find Supergirl. The Spectre just stood there as Superman pounded him. Not even a flinch.

Also if you read the Emperpor Joker storyline. Mxyzptlk is even more powerful than anyone had ever imagined.

True, Mxyz was pretty powerful as was seen in Superman/Batman. But according to Adventures of Superman (I think) Mxy lost most of his powers and was killed by Ruin by sacrificing himself to save Supes. I'm assuming he'll be back in some fashion later of course. But before that, yeah, pretty darn powerful. Makes you wonder what he could do if he really put his mind to it. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No one has done any weight tests on Captain Marvel. So, I believe the picking up the most thing is up for grabs. Also, The New Supergirl potentially is stronger than Supes. But that is not fact yet. I still say it is up in the air except DC will never say Captain Marvel is stronger. DC didn't originally create him. But he is mightier than Supes. grin.gif
Smelling all that old comic book paper has made you screwy.gif