• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The lazy and the stupid...

15 posts in this topic

So there I am minding my own business, when a Yahoo message comes through telling me I need to check out Mile High's site...

Seems that they are hiring... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Now the pay is pretty low, with raises after 90 and 180 days, but at least Chuck is honest:

In addition to the above reference requirements, Mile High Comics, Inc. requires that all applicants have a High School Diploma or GED. You must be in good health and have no physical limitations that prevent you from performing the duties of the job for which you are applying. All applicants are required to take a very simple one-page test designed to clarify whether they can add, subtract, and alphabetize. Any applicant missing two or more of the questions on the test is precluded from working for Mile High Comics, Inc., and may not reapply for 90 days.

Mile High Comics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We fire the lazy or stupid regardless of their race, creed, gender, disabilities, or national origin.

Man, that would be the dream job. Too bad it probably doesn't pay more than $20,000.

With a starting wage of $6.50, raise to $7.00 after 90 days, and raise to $7.50 after another 90 days, you are looking at $14,820 in your first year... foreheadslap.gif

Man, that would be the dream job. Too bad it probably doesn't pay more than $20,000.

With a starting wage of $6.50, raise to $7.00 after 90 days, and raise to $7.50 after another 90 days, you are looking at $14,820 in your first year... foreheadslap.gif

frown.gif

I saw that awhile back and thought it was hilarious that they would actually post what many really feel like saying in the hiring process.

You wouldn't believe some of the things I actually say in my hiring process... foreheadslap.gif

But, I am months away from doing that again... confused-smiley-013.gif

frown.gif
That would be a raise from your current salary, wouldn't it?

frown.gif
That would be a raise from your current salary, wouldn't it?

I saw that awhile back and thought it was hilarious that they would actually post what many really feel like saying in the hiring process.

You wouldn't believe some of the things I actually say in my hiring process... foreheadslap.gif

Hey House, do you still implement the Brass Pole Test for your female employees?

Hey House, do you still implement the Brass Pole Test for your female employees?

As long as I stay under 15 employees... thumbsup2.gif

We'll have to see though... My next business partner might be a prude... confused-smiley-013.gif

We'll have to see though... My next business partner might be a prude... confused-smiley-013.gif

sorry.gif

sorry.gif

Hey, I offered you could get in on the ground floor... 893naughty-thumb.gif

Whoa, I thought the minimum age requirement was 18! 893whatthe.gif