• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some statistics for you.

46 posts in this topic

Very good point Darth. I've seen some nasty positives!

Ok Meth, here's how you copy and paste: left click on your mouse and hold it down. Now swipe the arrow cursor over what you want to copy. The words will appear in a blue block. When you've highlighted the text, let go of the button, and the words will remain blocked in blue. Now put your arrow cursor over the highlighted text. Right click on the mouse (don't hold down) and the gray drop-down menu will appear. Select "copy" and left click on it. Now it's stored. Come back here to the Board and right click your mouse. The same gray menu will appear. Select "paste" and left click and the copied text will appear. There ya go! Looking forward to seeing your feedbacks...

Actually, In my case, from what my experience with feedback is, it's a very VALID blanket statement. I have NEVER received a positive with any negative connotations or inferences. Never had a sarcastic positive. Maybe that's the difference with buyers spending an average of $1300 a book on a seller's items and buyers spending an average of $25 per transaction, attention to detail. It's quite possible. Also, in leaving feedback, I have NEVER left a negative when I meant to leave a positive, and vice-versa. I imagine that my feedback is unique in that all of it contains statements from Buyers who were totally coherent when they made their comments and left their 650 positives.

Now, here's the reason why this will prove NOTHING. And I can say this unreservedly because I know how all the naysayers and witch-hunters think. Once I go through the trouble of posting ALL my feedback minus the buyers handles, someone is only going to say:

"Well THAT proves NOTHING because there is such a lag in the time of submitting a book and getting it back that a winner only has 90 days to leave a feedback and most, if not sent Express service, come back AFTER the 90 day limit, too late to leave a negative".

Can I outguess your next move or what? I've already heard that malarkey argument about 10 times already posted in these pages. Nothing will satisfy the witch-hunters short of a confession obtained under torture!!! C'mon, let's be honest. Am I right or what? Don't be afraid to admit it. This is an Inquistion. Nothing more, nothing less. Anyone with an ounce of sense can see that.

I have NEVER received a positive with any negative connotations or inferences.

I absolutely do not believe this. Nothing except posting your feedback will convince me of that. Post your awesome and unique feedback, I won't say anything about "90 days." Like I said before, if your feedback is so great, why not post it? It can only help your rep, right? If you're worried about the time it'll take to do this, post 50 feedbacks here a week. With copy and paste, and deleting the sellers' IDs, it should take you 10 minutes tops to complete this task.

Hey, you started this thread, show me some real statistics. Show me your Ebay statistics.

And like it's tough to guess your next move. "Meth makes some bullsh!t excuse not to post any substantial information." Whoa, didn't see that one coming. smirk.gif

...and I'm spending time doing this extra work (time that I can be using to post more auctions, or play some indoor sports with Mrs.Methuselah pictured on the left) with posting all of this info because:

You wish to actually BUY something from me?

or

I have something to PROVE to you?

because it WON'T stop here, and you know that.

I'll have to cave into EVERY demand for information, effectively spending every waking hour to post every minutae of info on my life, my whereabouts every minute of the day (my itinerary), what I sold this week, what I bought, etc.

Somewhere, I have to draw the line. And that line is HERE____________ .

See it? That means, YOU prove it. YOU prove that I have positives that were negatives. YOU find my buyers who left me positives that meant to leave negatives. You waste YOUR time cutting and pasting. This is the most ridiculous request I've ever heard. YOU, want ME, to post all my positives so I can PROVE they're positives. You're kidding, right? Then when I'm through satisfying your every request, and proving yet ANOTHER point, like I did with the Shuley's color touched 'X' fiasco, or the "I'm not a lifter" debacle, ANOTHER new user will appear out from out of the woodwork with MORE requests, not because they want to BUY, no, not because they actually have $$$$$$ to spend and a desire to do so, and are actually INTERESTED in one of my books up for auction, but because I'll have proven that I'm willing to subject myself to the demands of ONE individual, so why not another, and another, and another, ad infinitum.

In court, even a Kangaroo court such as the one YOU preside over, I don't have to prove a DAMNED thing. I don''t even have to testify. That's YOUR job. You're the prosecutor. Do your own work. Find your own concrete proof of negatives hidden in my positives (ridiculous, I've never even conceived of that until I heard this today), of people that requested a refund that were stiffed, etc. Your'e the one that has to prove ME guilty. Do your job. You waste YOUR time! THEN and only then should you have a case. You created the case first and are now looking for proof to back the ridiculous concept of one of your false exhibits. You're trying to CRAFT and SHAPE evidence around a case you DON'T have. In any other court but your Kangaroo loaded one, a judge would throw it and you out of his Courtroom! Buena Suerte (Good Luck!) Post 50 per week, good lord!

Again, not taking any sides here,

But all numerical, financial, and statistical information has absolutely NO VALUE unless there is some kind of audit trail to corroborate any form of stated number(s).

Whether it be:

- A profit margin on the current months sales

- A municipalities current fund EOY balance

- A personal checking account's outstanding checks at months end

- Mike Piazza's inept throwing out runners trying to steal percentage

Which are all much more important than someone's E-Bay rating, especially if you are a Met fan.

Whether the supportive information is disclosed or not, is the ONLY way to corroborate anyone's private rating,

Otherwise, you have to either TRUST the individual or not, for what it's worth.

Eric

Meth..

To be honest I don't think you are Dan Dupchak at all.

If that is your wife on the left then I think I remember you in an ad in the price guide?

Are you the one in the superhero uniform with the gold dollarsign on the chest??

Because I can swear I remember a lady resembling your wife in that ad with her husband.

Also I met Dan in 1986 at his shop and he was not a bodybuilder and he did have all those books he pictured on his wall in the price guide.

I actually paid $900.00 for a captain america#1 in vg-!! but the guide in nm back then was $5000.00

He had three of every key book.

It's funny though through my expierience how he and Gerry Ross "the comic master" hated each other I for one can say Dan did right by me but Gerry Ross scammed me... I would buy from Meth anyday compared to Ross )1.000.000 comix.)

So meth if you do offer a refund why should people hound you so much??

Reading these posts are a joke people trat you as if you a ripping people off and not refunding.

But you are and that is enough for me.

Ablue, I've never advertised in the Price guide or anywhere else. I have seen that picture of the guy in the Superman suit with his family (I have old price guides and a big boxful of magazines on the subject of comic collecting sent to me as study materials by a mentor who started educating me 3 years ago on what was, and what is, in the hobby). It's NOT me or her, as you can plainly see from this attatchment. Meth's lady is the same girl that was seen wearing the same silver suit here that she designed (she's a designer, and was an aspiring professional wrestler, "Ice" in the Independent Wrestling Alliances), in the first WWF Tuff Enough TV Promos saying the word "Naugh-Ty", and in the ring saying the words, "You...must be...stu-pi-fied".

45389-Ice2.jpg.aecfd0b01cb25044d70045b57d5a818b.jpg

That means, YOU prove it. YOU prove that I have positives that were negatives. YOU find my buyers who left me positives that meant to leave negatives. Find your own concrete proof of negatives hidden in my positives.

Are you inviting me to hack into your account? Because that's the only way I can prove what you want. You made your feedback private, remember? I thought I found a compromise of an idea, a way for you to prove your point without revealing any seller IDs or names. Your first sentence of this post says you spent 4 hours going through old records for this thread, but 5 minutes of copy and paste is a waste of time for you? lol, you are a piece of work! (You do realize "copy and paste" doesn't mean "type everything out yourself" right? Posting 50 of your feedbacks would literally take 5 minutes.)

Ok, well, I can see this really is pointless at this juncture. Your refusal to do this simple, simple task speaks volumes. Just like the X-Files, the truth is out there... it's just hidden behind "private feedback."

Oh, and I like the new alias user name you're using, "ablue" smile.gif

ARCH!!!!! ARCH!!!!! Are you there??? Quite possibly, you can put MORE "hard" evidence to rest.....

Evidence has been entered into the witch-trial that "ablue" is another Log-in name I'm using. Can we get a witness?

You know, I've seen that picture of yours some place before Meth..were you in Wizard's magazine at one point or something? I kept thinking that ad for Geoffrey's Comics but then I decided that wasn't where I saw that pic..anyways, I could be completely wrong..let me know.

Brian

I will testify that "ablue" is NOT "Methuselah". For all of Meth's varied perceived faults (although his taste in women is definitely NOT one of them, humina humina humina, you lucky b*st*rd), he can spell.