• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men 95 page.... $6500.00

16 posts in this topic

Wow - that's definitely more than I thought it would pull.

Nice pages from that issue have been around 5K. The last one only sold for 3500, but the seller blew his reputation by ending the X-Men 94 page early a week prior.

Still, it went somewhat higher than I thought it would.

Nice pages from that issue have been around 5K. The last one only sold for 3500, but the seller blew his reputation by ending the X-Men 94 page early a week prior.

I was thinking it would go in the 4k - 5k range, but I didn't think about the circumstances that surrounded the page that ended at 3.5K. You've got a good point - that would make a difference.

Thanks to a classic bidding war! A sellers dream!!

Thanks to a classic bidding war! A sellers dream!!

True! Three folks wanted this piece, and that's one more than it takes to drive the price up! I know one of the bidders, but I don't recognize the other two handles.

True! Three folks wanted this piece, and that's one more than it takes to drive the price up! I know one of the bidders, but I don't recognize the other two handles.

So what was the reserve on this?

I had just assumed it was $6500 since it ended on an even number like that.

It's not my collecting forte, but I am glad to see it went the full run without being ended early.

Mike

I think the Cockrum art from X-Men 94-101 - not to mention Giant-Size X-Men 1 - is solid gold. Talk about a remarkable period of creativity, innovation, great art and great story telling in the history of one of the most popular comic titles ever. With respect to value, it definitely helps that Cockrum's historic run was relatively brief and that the people who read those comics as kids are now in their 40s or older and achieving serious career earning power.

Honestly, that doesn't seem too bad compared with some more modern stuff that falls into the same price range. The first few Cockrum X-Men books are pretty historic stuff.

I believe the reserve was only $2K. insane.gif

A reserve doesn't really matter on pages like these. In fact, having the reserve met at a reasonably early point may in fact fuel bidding, as we've seen.

A reserve doesn't really matter on pages like these. In fact, having the reserve met at a reasonably early point may in fact fuel bidding, as we've seen.

Sure, but if you are going to set a reserve so far below market value, why even have one at all? confused-smiley-013.gif

Sure, but if you are going to set a reserve so far below market value, why even have one at all? confused-smiley-013.gif

That's true. I guess it's possible that the guy paid 2K for it in the past, and just wanted to make sure he at least got that back? confused-smiley-013.gif

I agree that he might as well have started at 1 cent.