• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rare Copper Age

71 posts in this topic

Some very hard to find DC's are....

Wonder Woman and the Star Riders Cereal Comic

Batman/Rainblow Bubblegum Giveaway

Centipede

The Amethyst 1 and 2 price variants

The last few issues of Celebrate the Century Superheroes (1 to 5 are more common)

The Elsons Presents and Lionel's Payworld Editions

Flash Force 2000

Happy Tooth

Lightning Racers

Commandrons

Silly Putty Man

Superman Bradman

Earl.

One of my customers actually owns a copy of Knights of the dinner table # 1 I think he said it graded 7.0 which is supposedly rare and I just got in a grendel # 1 yesterday in a collection it is about 9.0 or 9.2. Fact is none of the copperage books expect for possibly warrior magazine and spiderman platinum edition are actually rare. I have seen everyone of the expensive or rare books of the copper age at least twice in nice grade. many of them I see on a weekly basis. I collect copper age, I love it, that is what I grew up with but it isn't rare unless it is extremely high grade. Turtles # 1 might be the exception. And don't come on here slamming me and asking me to sell you my copies.

One of my customers actually owns a copy of Knights of the dinner table # 1 I think he said it graded 7.0 which is supposedly rare and I just got in a grendel # 1 yesterday in a collection it is about 9.0 or 9.2. Fact is none of the copperage books expect for possibly warrior magazine and spiderman platinum edition are actually rare. I have seen everyone of the expensive or rare books of the copper age at least twice in nice grade. many of them I see on a weekly basis. I collect copper age, I love it, that is what I grew up with but it isn't rare unless it is extremely high grade. Turtles # 1 might be the exception. And don't come on here slamming me and asking me to sell you my copies.

Then find me an Albedo #0 yellow cover! sumo.gif

gossip.gif Albedo 2 is harder to find than Turtles 1.

gossip.gif Gobbledygook #1 is harder to find than Albedo 2

gossip.gif Gobbledygook #1 is harder to find than Albedo 2

Sure is. I think there are only like 150 copies out there?

The poster said that there are no rare copper age books (unless in very high grade) with TMNT 1 as an exception. There are books rarer than TMNT, that was my only point. smile.gif

What are the top 5-10 copper age books of interest that are actually difficult to find? Not just in high grade, but hard to find at all. I know of:

TMNT #1 first print

Gobbledygook #1

Albedo #2

Are there many others?

So, to recap - just the above plus maybe Albedo #1. Is there any real demand for Albedo 1 and 4?

Well, how about the 1980 version of Elflord #1 by Nightwind Productions? This is supposedly the first story and art work by Barry Blair in comics.

Overstreet listed this book for the first time in this year's edition of the guide. The book is listed in guide at $200 which puts it in the same price range as both Albedo #2 and the yellow copy of Albedo #0. 893whatthe.gif

Does anybody know anything about this supposedly rare and hard-to-find book?

Well, how about the 1980 version of Elflord #1 by Nightwind Productions? This is supposedly the first story and art work by Barry Blair in comics.

Overstreet listed this book for the first time in this year's edition of the guide. The book is listed in guide at $200 which puts it in the same price range as both Albedo #2 and the yellow copy of Albedo #0. 893whatthe.gif

I actually know nothing about this book, but I enjoy the Elflord series, so I'd be curious to learn more about it.

edit:

After a bit of research there were only 500 copies printed:

http://www.selena.com.fr/Site/Site/Part_..._1-1coverP.html

EL_1-1coverP.jpg

I actually know nothing about this book, but I enjoy the Elflord series, so I'd be curious to learn more about it.

edit:

After a bit of research there were only 500 copies printed:

http://www.selena.com.fr/Site/Site/Part_..._1-1coverP.html

EL_1-1coverP.jpg

Thanks for the link! thumbsup2.gif

Very interesting and while I was reading it, it reminded me of what must have been another very early Barry Blair book. Are you aware of a B&W magazine call Windblade which appears to be in the same format as this early version of Elflord #1.

I assume this must have come out after Elflord #1 which was done by Blair when he was still in his early teens. I should try and look around for my copy which I must have stored somewhere in the closet.

Albedo #0 yellow cover IS the rarest book of the copper age PERIOD. Theres only 50 of them. How many of those do you think are still left? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I personally know of at least one. poke2.gifgrin.gif